Thread: LAN setup

Sad LAN setup

i desparately want to connect my x box in the basement to the one upstairs. i don't want it connected to the internet, just to one another so i can play halo or counter strike with my friends on separate tv's. i bought an expensive router with lots of cable, but i have no idea what i'm doing. i thought i would be able to just use a 4-port hub... can i use the much less expensive hub and get my money back? anyway, can anyone who knows about this or has been to a halo or any other LAN party please help...

If you are just wanting to connect to your two xbox's together with nothing inbetween, ie computer or internet, then just buy a long crossover cable. If you can't find a crossover cable long enough, buy regular lan cable and get a crossover coupler to switch it to a crossover on one end.

No need for hubs, or routers or anything complicated like that. So you can get your money back.

But since you have a hub, unless you can take it back, you can use it as well. Run one lan cable from one xbox into the hub. Connect it to port 1 or the 'uplink' port. There might be a switch on the hub that converts one port to 'uplink', make it so. Then run one lan cable from your other xbox and stick it in any of the available ports in the hub.

That's it.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

thanks a lot

Thread Information