Thread: Xbox sounds like a lawnmower

Eek Xbox sounds like a lawnmower

Here lately my xbox has been sounding like a lawnmower when i turn it on and when the fan comes on and all that. Is there anything that i could do about that. Because it's really annoying during games!
    -Mark

BinaryXtreme

There's really only 2 moving parts in your XBOX. The hard drive and the fan. If it's making a sound like that it's probably one of the two.

Have you though of checking the fan? Blow some compressed air in there - or even open it if your warranty is up and adjust the fan so it it's hitting whatever it's hitting - it's only a plastic fan.

When it gets dirty on the inside it gets like that too. Clean with some compressed air or something. Did someone say this already?

This is MY HOME

this exact thing happened to my friend. If u have ever left it on for more then 2 days non stop or only like an hour break....lots of **** builds up...like they said...compressed air,,taking it apart will clarify the problem....though i dont reccomend it if u dont know what ur doing .

mine is really loud but i don't mind the fan but the drive is really loud and i can hear it reading the discs and stuff but i really don't care that much because i always tend to wreck stuff worse if i open them up.

Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
    There's really only 2 moving parts in your XBOX. The hard drive and the fan. If it's making a sound like that it's probably one of the two.

and the cpu fan and the DVD drive

The Xbox is an inherently loud unit. Mine has been noisy from launch. As long as there is some other noise in the room, it gets drowned out. Forget about playing it when my wife is trying to snooze on the couch though.

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

Does it sound like gasoline or electric lawn mower.
    A democracy will continue to exist up until the time voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury

RIP DZ

Originally posted by Snake Eyez-XBA
    Does it sound like gasoline or electric lawn mower.
    Usta sound like a gasoline lawnmower. I did the compressed air thing and it doesn't do it anymore. Thanks guys.
    -Mark

BinaryXtreme

Originally posted by Direct-X
    The Xbox is an inherently loud unit. Mine has been noisy from launch. As long as there is some other noise in the room, it gets drowned out. Forget about playing it when my wife is trying to snooze on the couch though.
    You can barely hear mine. It's very quiet. I could have mine on and sleep next to it's so quiet. I don't know why some people are saying that theres is. Wonder what the difference could be in the units?hmmmmmmmmm........

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

mine is vary quiet. the only nois it makes is a lil sound when you turn it on.sounds like my computer when i turn it on. must be the fan.

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

Originally posted by BananaMan

Usta sound like a gasoline lawnmower. I did the compressed air thing and it doesn't do it anymore. Thanks guys.
    Good to hear that your problem has been fixed.
    A democracy will continue to exist up until the time voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury

RIP DZ

mine doesn't make any noise! Oh wait, thats because it hasn't been turned on in 2 months. Imagine the dust that's probably settled in that thing.

Thread Information