Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Case/Controller Mods

Default Case/Controller Mods

Hey has anyone out here done any modding of there XBOX Case or Controllers? I really wanna add/change LCDs to my Contollers... and thinkin about painting my XBOX with some cool glow in the dark paint... if ya have any mods can ya please post some pics... and what u used and how u did it... thanks

i went the lazy route and got a carbon fibre skin for the console and for the contollers.. skinefx.com... looks pretty good, easy to install and no bubbles..
    Canada Kicks A$$ - Hidden Content

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."' -anonymous

No i really dont wanna go the sticker route...

I haven't done it yet, I plan on adding a LCD display to the front of my Xbox if I ever get around to doing it (the LCD mod) I will post pics.

please do not discuss mod chips. Case modding and anything that doesn't directly or indirectly mod your internal hardware of your xbox can be discussed.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by ChaoticMage-XBA; 02-29-2004 at 10:19 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

THE REAL BOSS

Default Re: Case/Controller Mods

Originally posted by tangwu
    Hey has anyone out here done any modding of there XBOX Case or Controllers? I really wanna add/change LCDs to my Contollers... and thinkin about painting my XBOX with some cool glow in the dark paint... if ya have any mods can ya please post some pics... and what u used and how u did it... thanks

Heres pictures of mine. Please NOTE this is a modded case and led setup only.

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

damn thats sweet, is the led mod time consuming and pricy? any issues with heat?
    Canada Kicks A$$ - Hidden Content

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."' -anonymous

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by revernd
    damn thats sweet, is the led mod time consuming and pricy? any issues with heat?

It's not really all that expensive. Basically what I did was add cold cathode fan grills to the inside of the jewel and i installed a switch on the outside that allows me to turn them on and off. Also to keep it cool i added a 80mm LED fan and added some artic silver to my CPU,GPU which also has a heatsink. Also remeber if you plan on doing any case modification that require you to open your xbox it will void your warranty.
    Last edited by ChaoticMage-XBA; 02-29-2004 at 11:41 PM.

Hey chaotic, does that Evolution X have any actually meaning? Or did ya just like the jewel? Oh and I have led's installed in my front panel and when u plug in a controler the led lights up and when u unplug it, it turns off.

Default Re: Case/Controller Mods

Originally posted by tangwu

Here us an excellent place to look at other people's mods and to find tutorials

Shhhhh Playya, can't talk about modding here!

Sorry dude i have to edit that link. Providing a link to a site that promotes modding is a no.. no..
    Last edited by ChaoticMage-XBA; 02-29-2004 at 11:58 PM.

It was just a simple "yes it has significane" or "No, I just liked it"

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by Playya
    Hey chaotic, does that Evolution X have any actually meaning? Or did ya just like the jewel? Oh and I have led's installed in my front panel and when u plug in a controler the led lights up and when u unplug it, it turns off.

Nope, it's just a jewel I liked the look of it.

Okay chaotic just makin sure , and btw here is a good place for ideas and tutorials.

You too. bad bad bad!!! No links to modding sites....

THE REAL BOSS

Lets try to stay on topic and discuss only case modding. If you guys want to post links to sites that show pictures and give ideas please make sure it's not blasting with ads that are trying to sell mod chips and what not. We need to keep it clean around here

Well I just painted mine. It wasn't all that difficult. Just take your time masking and keep a steady hand when painting. It is all about thin coats. I used dupli-color automotive paint. It is available at auto zone and checker auto parts in a variety of colors. The acrylic paints bond to plastic very well.

THE REAL BOSS

Duplicolor is a good paint to use because it's nozel works well. Your's turned out nicely. Mine is also painted, i airbrushed it with model paint.

do you have to "open" the controller (remove the screws and all) to paint it? i wanted to paint mine but i didn't want to risk to break it
    People try to tell me what they think is right for me
    Think there's some value to what they gotta say
    But I won't listen to them, I don't need their advice
    I wouldn't ever have it any other ******* way

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by XezekielX
    do you have to "open" the controller (remove the screws and all) to paint it? i wanted to paint mine but i didn't want to risk to break it

It's very simple to open the controller. There are 4 screws and thats about it.

I doubt you will break it.

Originally posted by ChaoticMage-XBA

It's very simple to open the controller. There are 4 screws and thats about it.

I doubt you will break it.

There are 7 screws on the S controller, not sure about the regular one....

Awww chaotic, it was just for ideas........

BinaryXtreme

Mine is green orb skinned. I've seen 2 XBOXs in person that were painted and the paint looked horrible up close but when they sent me a pic, it looked sweet. I don't know but when I go to car shows too, you can always see what was spray painted and what was powder coated etc. I'd say, if you're going to take the time to paint it, do it right. Don't just spray paint it. Prep it nice first. Man if these were metal cases, i'd do a trick color of powder coat.

Thread Information