Thread: Black Hole

Default Black Hole

ok, all just recently MS has dropped the new Oddworld title, Psychonauts, and the '05 versions of it's football, basketball, and hockey series. I'm not saying any of these titles are absolute must-haves, and that anyone should weep. That may be the case, may not be. It may make zero difference and that someone will publish and they will remain exclusive. If you look back a little, some fairly high-profile games have been dropped or vanished from Microsoft's lineup. The Unseen and Tork come to mind. Ultimately these games had replacements, titles no one knew about until they were almost out the door, namely Voodoo Vince and Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Whether a person likes those titles or not, it's hard to argue they were blockbusters of the utmost quality. My question is: in dropping certain titles from it's near-term lineup, will MS be revealing more mediocrity, or is there a chance we might be blown away by a few E3 revelations? If their rhetoric is true about it being all about the games, one must assume E3 will hold some stellar replacements for what is now a shrinking first party '04-'05 lineup, even if it does include Halo 2, Fable, etc. Or are we to believe that MS will start rationing it's titles ala Nintendo? I hope against the latter, but it's difficult to trust Microsoft's rhetoric. Thoughts?
    your vision, our vision...ColecoVision.

"I think you're extremely suggestible and prone to magical thinking."

I'm looking VERY forward to E3, to see what's all the stuff we know nothing of yet

Hope MS has something up it's sleeve.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

since when did they can Psychonauts,please tell me no
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Quote Originally Posted by DIGITAL
    since when did they can Psychonauts,please tell me no
    They didnt can it, they dropped it. Someone else will probably pick up the publishing rights.
    your vision, our vision...ColecoVision.

"I think you're extremely suggestible and prone to magical thinking."

Looks like MS isn't going out of their way to get some platform games onto the xbox.....now watch Psychonauts be an exclusive for the PS2 and be one of the best platformers ever.

Are they really dropping their sports line?

I like Links and Fever.

they will be keeping links and amped i believe
    Canada Kicks A$$ - Hidden Content

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."' -anonymous

Thread Information