Thread: THQ to Destroy All Humans!

Default THQ to Destroy All Humans!

Today, THQ declared war on the human race--sort of. As part of its E3 lineup announcement, the publisher revealed it is partnering with Pandemic Studios to create Destroy All Humans! Currently under development for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox for an early 2005 release, the game takes the opposite approach of most alien-invasion games. Instead of having you fight off the interplanetary interlopers, the game's open-ended storyline allies players with them--with the infiltration and subjugation of civilization being the ultimate goal.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/05...s_6095413.html

Ok, crapy title but the game sounds good, you don't stop the aliens, this time you are the aliens.... .... Sounds good to me just got to see if they can pull it off and make it good.
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

If the developer was Ubi Soft, I wouldnt have any doubts about the game what-so-ever. But THQ has released some crap in the past. So who knows.

THQ is making it... I guess we can expect a lot then.

The only good thing THQ has released is MX Unleashed. Of course, that was done by Angel Studios who I think were owned my Microsoft. They released Motocross Madness 1 & 2 for the PC, great games.

Aye sure. I'll just give you my address then will I?

THQ has done plenty of good games. I don't know why they seem to get such a bad press.

Two good games (in my opinion anyway) of theirs which spring to mind are Red Faction II and Summoner 2 and I'm sure there are plenty more but I can't be bothered looking through to find out.
    I am a smelly nerd with no friends.

•Shadow of insanity• Ethereal S. D.'s Avatar

I am pretty interested in how this title is going to be like. I wonder if there are any screens out or something... or is it just in the developpement stage...

Quote Originally Posted by Stagliano
    THQ has done plenty of good games. I don't know why they seem to get such a bad press.
    THQ is the publisher. It's the developer, Pandemic Studios, that will determine how good this game will be... and the book is still out on them. They've dabbled in everything from sports to action to RTS with sometimes good, sometimes horrible success. No real blockbusters though. Right now people are high on them because Full Spectrum Warrior and SW: Battlefront, both looking like top-notch titles although neither are finished.

Let's hope this one gets done right because it sounds like it could be pretty fun if the development is tight.

Aliens have always been chic, and usually they're pretty evil, too. And since they like to conquer Earth a lot, Pandemic Studios and THQ thought it would be an excellent idea to put players in the shoes, or green, slimy webbed feet of an alien who's come to Earth to ripe out their spinal cords to help save his dying race.

Due in spring 2005, Destroy All Humans! (known internally at THQ as DAH!) is a third-person action-adventure game with fully open design, giving players the ability to jack humans like Tommy Vercetti jacked cars in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. That's right, you can hypnotize or simply inhabit any living creature. As an alien, players have numerous "alien" capabilities, including the most delectable one, the ability to inhabit their bodies.

The most common example we were given is the idea that players can human-jack a military general. At any point in the game, as the general, you can attend a special UN forces meeting and clarify to the rest of the staff that the recent "Alien" citings are nothing more than hearsay and conspiracy theory. With this special ability, players can confound numerous citizens and genuinely mess with the order of humanity. And haven't you always wanted to do that, anyway?

Build around the 1950s premise of aliens -- small-bodied, big-headed, evil-eyed, with small but powerful laser guns that naturally pilot flying saucers, DAH! is filled with in-jokes, parodies and tongue-in-cheek jokes that touch upon the colossal vault of alien conspiracy and myth created over the last 50 odd years.
    Page 1

Page 2

More info and two pics from the game. Click page two for more. The screen doesn't look to great,I just copied the one they had in the article, really can't tell whats going on

Last edited by OuFtb; 05-07-2004 at 11:57 AM.
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by CrispyBacon
    THQ is the publisher. It's the developer, Pandemic Studios, that will determine how good this game will be...
    So I guess I can rest a bit easier now.

I saw the trailer for this game and it looks cheesy but fun. I can't wait.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information