Thread: Wireless controller recomendations

Default Wireless controller recomendations

Tomorrow Im most likely going to take some old games and Fable in as a trade at Gamestop. I really want to get a wireless controller. Sitting 8 feet away from a 60 inch non-HD TV doesnt look as good as it does across the room. After the trade in and some extra cash that I have, I estimate that I will have about 65-70 dollars. So what do you all recommend?

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidX
    Tomorrow Im most likely going to take some old games and Fable in as a trade at Gamestop. I really want to get a wireless controller. Sitting 8 feet away from a 60 inch non-HD TV doesnt look as good as it does across the room. After the trade in and some extra cash that I have, I estimate that I will have about 65-70 dollars. So what do you all recommend?
    i recomend getting an extention cable, non of the wireless controlers support the headset.

Quote Originally Posted by Doobus48174
    i recomend getting an extention cable, non of the wireless controlers support the headset.
    Yep, that is the problem man. I have a wireless controller, works pretty well most of the time, does bug out every once in a while. But like Doobus says, no place to plug in your headset, so it blows for XBL.
    Salmy says:
    so I'm going to this stupid optimist dinner tonight that my buddy's dad invited me to
    Salmy says:
    I'm pretty pessimistic about it

Live doesnt matter to me since I dont have it and probably wont for a while since im too lazy to get a job to pay for broadband . Besides, I would really like to not have a cord. I only have one controller hooked up anyway. My others are just for LAN's.

i bought the logitech precision wireless controller for my xbox and i love it.
    it is very responsive and has a great feel to it. it has a button layout like the S controller, but it just a bit larger. the sticks and triggers feel really good, as do the buttons. even the Dpad is good, which is suprising. overall, i couldnt be happier with it. runs on 2 aa batteris. even has vibration motors, which you can turn off. gets pretty decent battery life too. it does not have a switch to change channels, so i dont know how it functions with more than one unit, but im sure it will work. i highly reccomend it.

walmart and target charge $39.99 where most other places charge $49.99..so shop around

i havent used any of the other xbox wireless controllers, but i have used other 3rd party wired controllers, and this one blows them away. it doesnt feel like a 3rd party controller. in fact it is the first 3rd party controller i actually liked, on any console.

i also picked up the PS2 version of this controller, and it also is very nice
    Last edited by severd hed; 10-05-2004 at 05:21 PM.

Thats most likely the one im picking up tomorrow if I decide to. Thanks for the info .

I played them all and they all have some slight probelms with delay once and awhile. I got rid of all of my wireless and bought new wire controllers....

The only one I've used is the MadCatz one. I really liked it, worked great... then I accidently knocked my friend's out of his hands and broke it and had to give him mine

Thread Information