Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Bought Genma Onimusha!

Thumbs up Just Bought Genma Onimusha!

Yo my fellow addicts, it's your hero Ninja Jubei!

Just had to pass the word on something I dont think or want my addict comrades to miss out on. That being the just released Xbox version of Capcom's 2 million selling Onimusha (titled Genma Onimusha on da box) action/adventure/horror game.

Check it out, when I went to this EB the cashier which is also the assistant manager asked me if I own the PoS2 version cause if I do dont bother! My reply to him was " no I dont own a PS2, im anti- Sony, so just give me the d@mn game yo! "!
    I mean come on, he's trying to hurt this games sales for comments like that! I told him I am no casual gamer, and I do my research. And also told him this in not just a freakin PS2 port yo!
    This game has enough enhancements for any fan who has the original to purchase this version.
    But im not saying I would recommend doing that myself.

Anyways, last night I put in a good 30 minutes into this title (got to get up early for work ya know ) and I was stunned from the opening movie CG!! It was soooo beautiful. You guys just got to see it. I game play and controls are pretty much the same a Resident Evil, as well as the pre-rendered areas.
    The voice overs are top notch as well, though their mouths dont move accordingly . But what game does!?

I recommend this game to any fan of the action/horror gerne. It's not really adventure being that it's somewhat straight forward.
    But this game will get you,.. well... addicted like da addict forums!
    anybody else get this game yet? Let da non believers know da deal!
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 02-01-2002 at 04:51 PM.

cool, ill rent this game, i dont have enough money to buy any games right now, i have like 40 bucks and im saving up for like 3 games

i heard the controls and voice acting were horrible...

oh well, Genma Onimusha or Wreckless are my next rent titles...

i might but wreckless, since Morrowind will be released in late March
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

I might rent it, looks like an ok game.

XBA Staff

I might rent it as well.

what's up with da phrase "i will just rent this game"?
    You guys just dont know what your missing!

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    what's up with da phrase "i will just rent this game"?
    You guys just dont know what your missing!
    It's because everyone is waiting to buy Raw, Wreckless, and Elder Scrolls.

Question

so do you think i should just buy this game or save my $ for wreckless?
    XBOX=WIN
    Proud owner of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. ROCK ON!!!

Official MerimacHamwich "Smarty Mahn Numero Uno" Fanclub Member

Hidden Content

Please let me know how long it takes to finish at the first time.
    If it is about the same as Max Payne, I will get it. I think it is long enough.

Thanks

this is gonnabe my next game either that or morrowind
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Default This game is awesome

Guys, trust Ninja.. this game is so cool. I have played the original on pos2 and it was awesome, but the xbox version is soooo much better.

This game is for anybody who likes action games, with a cool storyline, with a little puzzle solving. The hack and slash action is intense, and the different swords and magical attacks you gain are amazing!

This game is so much fun, the demons are evil, and the atmosphere really makes you feel like you are in feudal japan, with demons creeping around every corner, and a sadastic warlord that is wrecking havoc over the provinces of japan. the environment may be pre-rendered, but that is not a problem at all its really unique and makes you feel a part of the game, it draws you in like a game should.

With all the new enhancements, this game is a blast.

A must buy, even if its somewhat short, you wont mind playing it again because the action is so much fun, and there are replay elements

This is the type of game where you have to play to believe

As for you guys waiting for wreckless, even though that got a 9.1 review, it was said to be really short, so that is a game to rent, and as of now buy genma onimusha, you wont be dissapointed, i promise

GF

batman46st

Default SCROLL I KNOW HOW U FEEL.

dude this game is awesome! i got it a day ago n ive been playing it for like 30 mins i know work sucks! that movie is pretty sweeet i like how the arrow looked like it had bullet time in the start. the game play was awesome my only beef was some of the weird cam or maybe is just cause im not all that used to the game yet.. honestly i just got out of work and if i wasnt watching the superbowl right now id be playing it...... i recommend this game to all my xba budds rules!

how long is this game is it a beat in 2 weeks or like bet in a month?
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Default hmm

Originally posted by monkeyman
    how long is this game is it a beat in 2 weeks or like bet in a month?
    depends on how much time you devote to it. its not all that long, but its a very enjoyable game, personally i havent played the xbox version, but its supposedely quite a bit longer than the ps2 version. Definitely buy it, you wont regret it, and it will definitely give enough gameplay to satisfy you

I'm assuming you could easily beat this game in one rental.

If you can afford it, it's a must buy for the XBOX.

We WANT/NEED more games like this, Capcom needs to port/make all of their games for the BOX.
    And not only that, it's a great game! Especially if you like Anime/ninjas/samurai type things, which I do! Some of the scenes you get to play seems like right out of an Anime film!

I've been playing for almost three hours now and I don't see the end very soon for me.

The voice acting isn't that bad, in fact it reminds me of anime films, the only thing that might bug someone is sometimes the voice doesn't synch up with the lip action.

batman46st

Default yeah i know

i thought the same thing blindrocket lol but it looks like one of those old ninja movies where u hear the voices and the lips moving all weird. anyways this game rules and it is a must have. i still havnt played all but like 40 mins of it im trying to figure out where the mirror is to save this thing.

Originally posted by DT21

It's because everyone is waiting to buy Raw, Wreckless, and Elder Scrolls.
    Maybe those that dont have jobs, but I can assure you anyone with a j.o.b is not limited to 1 or 2 games a month ( unless they work at McDonald's & live with their mommies & daddies! )
    and I will be in stores this month for RAW, Elder Scroll, & whatever eles will satisfy my gaming needs! As well as have all my bills payed in full.
    Go Genma GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont sleep on this game fellas!

Smile

Originally posted by Supperdog
    so do you think i should just buy this game or save my $ for wreckless?
    well supperdoggy dog, it depends on that gerne you prefer? Action/Horror in Genma, or Racing excitement a.i Crazy Taxi knock off in Wreckless?

I dont think you can go wrong with either choice if your only getting one game in Febuary. But I give da nod to Genma. The game is just sooo beautiful and addictive. Reminds me of Resident Evil with crazy ass samurai's taking the place of the zombie's!
    But dont missunderstand me, this is not RE, it just reminds you of the series. And we all know RE kicks ass!!
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 02-04-2002 at 10:08 AM.

Originally posted by Tk421

Sorry but I see it as a waste. Why would I pay $79.99 CDN for a game thet I can finish in a weekend.
    pleeeeease, how do you know it can be beaten in a weekend? I guess anyone could if they had no life and stayed up all night to play,... sheeeeeeesh, I could beat Halo in a weekend if i had no life.
    Dont down a game just because it's completion time is less than 15-20 hours.
    I love halo more than life itself, but the reason it's one of the greatest ever made had nothing to do with it's length of completion time junior!
    So stop judging games just because it's not just as long as the next game! Come up with something else better to knock a game you know nothing about sunshine!
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 02-04-2002 at 10:47 AM.

Thread Information