Thread: Trouble in paradise

Thumbs down Trouble in paradise

"Old Faithful" just gave out on me.

My original Xbox from launch gave out on me. Dirty disc errors on every game. I tried cleaning the lens and stuff, but to no avail.

I will be running out tomorrow to get a new Xbox system.

Any suggestions?

I have a 53 inch Panasonic HDTV. Right now I am using the S video connection for my hookup. Should I invest in the HD pack?

I am thinking about getting the Crystal edition, but am not sure if I want to fork out the money for the games it comes with.

Anyone know of any Canadian rebates or deals going on? I will definately be getting XBox live now, and Halo2 will be purchased.

Definitely invest in the HD pack. It allows you to connect component video which I would think is a necessity for HDTV and also optical audio which makes for some sweet dolby 5.1 sound.

Why would you not want to use your HDTV? Just use a regular TV if you aren't gonig to use the EDTV and HDTV features of your HDTV.

Anyway, the Crystal is Uber badass.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Renegade of funk

Yes my man, if you have the HDTV, then use it. Get the hi-def component kit. Like Stormin said, if you have surround sound that has the Tos-Link optical cables, you can use those too off the hi-def kit. I don't have a HDTV, but I use the kit anyway just for that alone.

Why not get the Crystal Xbox? Shed a few extra bills and get it. You'll be happy. If I lived up there in the great north, I'd get one.

Thread Information