Thread: X-box controller CAN harm you.

Default X-box controller CAN harm you.

This is true. I was reading the article on xboxaddict.com and like.. it was saying how it can like emss up your hands or something. But like this onetime me and a friend were playing Halo for like 14 hours straight. And sometimes its hard for me to write the simplest things.

It's called learning to pace yourself.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default hmm

im not sure if
    this is true..i read it
    too..seems kinda dumb
    that u cant enjoy a game
    w/o worrying that its going
    to mess up ur hands?
    thats pretty sad
    what do u think?
    XBOXERS,XBOXERS,XBOXERS
    ps2? gamecube?
    please...dont make me laugh...:~-()

XBOX IS THE BEST!
    XBOX IS THE STRONGEST!
    XBOX IS THE FUTURE!!

XXXX
    BBBB
    OOO
    XXXX
    XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX

MaNdI

What the hell is the controller gonna do? Give ya carpal tunnel syndrome?

next thing you know Microsoft will buy all this Shaky-Syndrome(LOL) pills/medication/cures and will put an X on them and charge 100 bucks a pill.... and on top of that make them addictive...

the conspiracy continues to grow

I used to post here a lot.

Dark-one187

This is true it is not fake, it has been known for years!!! And yes it is possible for you to get carpal tunnel syndrome from playing games!!! But no you can not get carpal tunnel syndrome from the vibration device!!! You get that other sybdrome from the vibration!!!! But what is the big deal turn the Vibration off, I am sorry but I personally think Vibration for the controls are stupid it doesn't bring realism it brings slight distractions!!! Well not really a distraction but you get the point. Now it would be very cool if the controls for gun games had a recolle now that would be cool and yet I still would turn it off it is pointless. Wow I punch somebody and my control vibrates wow... Vibration is old!!! You are scared then turn it off!!!

But I will say Vibrations do make you notice when you are not paying attention that you are getting hit.

batman46st

Default i readthe article

lets be honest the kid was 15 n he played for 7 hours each day (no life take a brake n wat happened to school lol) this is too funny though wat does a 15 year old male do half the time the sick basterd justwants to blame it on gaming...... cause he doesnt wanna fess up to his mother.

Hi,

I'm shocked its taken so long for this type of stuff to hit the press.

I for one after a long session on any console pad..vibrating or not...get really sore fingers. But all the games manufactuers do inlcude a warning that you should not play game for a significant amout of time without take rest periods. This mainly relates to the risks of eye damage but I'm sure their more or less covered. This guys claim is gonna fall flat on its arse.
    Welrain

dude now that i think about it my wrist kinda hurt and i cant feel my left thumb
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Wtf, no I dont really care if my hands get screwed up or not. I was just saying what i read. And I was playing it on a weekend. Started it at night. Staying up all night and still playing it. I was trying to beat it.

The funny thing is that I have bass shakers bolted to my couch so I get my hands and buns shaking during a game. Now that is realism.

The only thing I have to worry about is my butt falling asleep.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

My hands were kinda sore after playing Halo for a long time too. But if u do anything constantly for a long time your hands will get sore.

who cares anymore anyways, i mean they can do hand transplant so if you screw up your hand just get somebody elses...might need both though...and depending how the donor dies...might not have both hands....one could be theirs and then a females...nevermind, play til ya die, either way
    Hidden Content
    About the same amount of power as an xbox....

Wow i played it for 5 or 6 hours staright my hand iddent hut it sweated alot though.
    Hidden Content

Be Good or Evil.Live young to old.

Thx for the sig. VeNoMiZa

their saying the vibrator( ) makes your hands get screwed up. I can believe that, but who really plays video games for 7 hours a day for a sustained period? That would be like playing for as long as you sleep at night, that's a fricken long time for daily play. That would be about 49 hours a week! That's long enough to beat about 3 games in a week!

Exclamation

You guys must have some weak hands or something. At a friend's sleep over, we played for 20 hours off and on. But like 5 mins in between 1 hour to eat or something. Our hands didn't hurt one bit. I do not mean this as an insult....I am just going to shut up now....
    Hidden Content
    Check out the site I am apart of:
    Hidden Content

carputanal.........

say what wit the what now ???
    Big Guy 316

X-MEN protection agency:

BIGGUY 316

SKOOT182

MONKEYMAN

NINJA-SCROLL

JD87

Frostberg

Ninja

Hidden Content

I've actually had carpal tunnel syndrome (from typing too hard and sustaining my finger hold on my mouse). I actually have to watch myself. I can't seem to get out the habit of hitting the controller softly. I bang the crap out of it for some reason.

My doctor said vibrations can cause it, as lots of people that operate heavy machinery get it. So that part is true. So I usually play with the vibrations off as well, because I know I can probably get it again. No biggie.

If you feel like your arms are bothering you (the carpal tunnel is actually in your forearm), then take a break. Stretch your hands and arms out. And you should be cool. If you do get carpal tunnel, you can recover. You just won't be able to play for awhile.

Default Re: X-box controller CAN harm you.

Originally posted by fear_this
    This is true. I was reading the article on xboxaddict.com and like.. it was saying how it can like emss up your hands or something. But like this onetime me and a friend were playing Halo for like 14 hours straight. And sometimes its hard for me to write the simplest things.
    try to bang your head against a wall and i bet it will start hurting eventually too.. see my point?
    DenniZ
    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/images/hank/burnut.jpg

Thread Information