Thread: Scary/funny story about my xbox

Default Scary/funny story about my xbox

Alright, here the story:
    I slipped in my stealing harvard dvd into my xbox with the dvd playback kit equipped. Everything was going fine watching some good ol' comedy. BTW (Don't make fun of my movie selection.) Anyways, I finished with it, pressed the eject button to get on some halo 2 and to my suprise, the disk had vanished, what seemed into thin air!

Now, it took me a good 10 seconds to really anaylize what the hell just happened, then I started to panic. My translucent limited edition xbox had a cd jammed way in the back. I couldn't figure out what to do. I'm not a big tech guy so I'm kind of dumb and I didn't know how to take the xbox apart. So I grabbed some needle nose pliers and literally, had to rip the cd out of their, with a lot of strength! The cd ended up breaking in half, and having chips all over it. I don't even know what happened, but I guess I'm kind of stupid. I put halo 2 in and it works fine now, but Im not pressing that eject button any time soon as the thought of my LE halo 2 being turned into a useless cd scares me.

man that sucks

great story, will read again a++ - ebay customer

anyways, man thats a scary tought i would have tested it out various time before sticking in halo 2 LE!
    Hidden Content Tune&bg=8" quality="high"width="400"height="160"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content style="font-family: Impact">Dz

That doesn't make any sense. You had to of tipped the Xbox in some manner in between you turning the movie off and ejecting the disc. If the DVD was in there and was working, there's no way that the tray wouldn't return the DVD like it's suppose to.

And thats what you get for watching/owning that movie
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I would have panicked too, but I wouldn’t have gotten the CD out with needle nose pliers, that doesn’t seem to bright....

Yeah, guess it wasn't to bright, but it seems to be working now. I'm thinking maybe the sticker on top of the actual cd may have done something. Stupid movie story preowned dvds....

I had a dream like this once and my xbox kept eating my games and when I had no games left to feed it it ate me and then I awoke to a wet bed...

but um sry about you DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    And thats what you get for watching/owning that movie
    Yea, you think it might have been trying to tell you something?

Well i suppose that the dvd mustve slipped out of the tray during the time you were edjecting. It couldnt of slipped before that, or else the dvd you were watching wouldve froze or something
    Hidden Content
    ----------------------------
    Hidden Content
    -super_ryu/ RyuKid

Jeez man thats scary, if that happend to me I'd be soo paranoid everytime I put it a disk in.

Thats scary... thats horrible... Good thing i got into a habit of taking out my games or dvd's when i turn it off. Cause my xbox makes bad noises when it starts up with a disk inside. I keep thinking that the cd's are getting scratched.
    "Hey I'm the only cheat in XBA, i feel special" ~ me
    "You're a cheater that cheats by cheating" ~ Viper87227

Thread Information