Thread: Rookie sad Dad needs help finding XBox online

Default Rookie sad Dad needs help finding XBox online

be gentle, i'm new at this. i need to find an XBox console (prefer the holiday bundle) online to hopefully purchase and get here by Xmas. i've got three 10-year-olds (yes triplets) who I hope not to disappoint. don't really want to deal with a private sale, seeking best reputable business site online (walmart, target, circuit city are all out of stock). price i've seen has been 149.99 but willing to go higher. any help or direction someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. thx.

www.ebgames.com
    www.gamestop.com

very well known store
    Hidden Content Tune&bg=8" quality="high"width="400"height="160"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content style="font-family: Impact">Dz

thx. had tried ebgames, but nothing there. will try the other. fingers crossed. thx for response

have seen them at Blockbuster Video and Future Shop

xbAWOL

www.amazon.com
    www.toysrus.com
    www.buy.com

Also, check www.pricegrabber.com and then check www.resellerratings.com to see if the site is reputable.

EDIT: Here are is a good bundle from Buy.com

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...game_xbox&sp=1

The Lord of the Rings game and Soul Calibur are good games. Star Wars KOTOR is an RPG, and might be a little too complex for 10 year olds to play. Also comes with 2 controllers.

EDIT #2: Do you have Costco or Sams Club around you? I was at Costco yesterday and they still had Xboxes.

And here, check CompUSA for instore avaliability.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...6+11&Ne=500000
    Last edited by MixMasta; 12-21-2004 at 11:09 AM.

thx very much for all the info, mixmasta

ALL Xboxes have online capability. You just need a LIVE account. A high speed connection, Halo 2!, and an extra controller. If you need help further...email me.

Try a gamecube for the youngsters, stick it with mario and you got a happy family.. until they mature lol...

nah, they're into xbox...thx all for the help. still looking

Check out www.cheapassgamer.com

Theres always deals they post up, asking over there for deals might be a little more helpful then here. And dont listen to the guy who said get a gamecube..It sucks ass

Thumbs up

in my opinion, get the following stuff and they wont be diapointed.

1. Xbox Holliday Bundle: $149.99
    2. 2 extra Xbox controller S: $29.99 (each)
    3. Halo 2: $49.99

The reason you shoul get 2 extra controller becouse that way they can play together. You should also get them Halo 2 becouse it realy popular right now and you and the kids will be adicted to it. Halo 2 also come with a 2 month free Xbox Live if you have high speed internet. Go to www.ebgames.com, www.gamestop.com, and go to the store locater and see if there is one in your area, and call them. If i was ten years old and i got ^ that stuff i would be so excited, thats awsome that tour getting them an Xbox. Good choice
    Hidden Content Gopher&bg=13" quality="high"width="400"height="120"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

Gopher, Halo 2 might be a bit much for 10 year olds. But then again maybe not. I guess i was playing Goldeneye when i was 11 so maybe not.

would love to get a holiday bundle (price is very right), but those babies are nowhere to be found, sneaky. good suggestion though. best thing i've found so far is from mixmasta on the ecost site. $169, even tho just the xbox console. might be my best bet. but if anyone knows a site that has the bundle and can get here in 1-2 days (HAH), keep 'em coming

ecost out of stock til january...ouch

Dude, where do you live? Maybe I can help to see if you can get one local?

crayman...u are DA MAN...buyritegames.com was IT! 149.95 for the holiday bundle. wish i had gotten it a day earlier but fingers crossed it'll get here in time....thx again, so much, says a grateful old man. all the other sites were helpful but almost all were out of stock or what they had was much more pricey than i could spend. i am truly grateful

Thread Information