Thread: Keeping Xbox and Games Damage Free

Default Keeping Xbox and Games Damage Free

Give me your best tips for keeping the Xbox damage-free (just got a new one after old one crapped out after about year and half). Is dust the biggest enemy? Does spraying with compressed air on a regular basis help? What about the game discs? Do those protective "skins" (think they're called D-Skins) help? Is there something better to prevent scratches or damage? Obviously handling them properly is critical, but any other tips would be greatly appreciated by the father of two 10-year-old boys who better not damage this one ... thanks.

fun while it lasted

keep it off of the carpet, and just tell them to be careful with it
    as for the d-skins, i dont own any, but it seems like a good idea that probably works...

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

dont get mad and throw your controlers.
    allways put your games back in the cases or in something to hold them, dont put them on the floor

so has anyone tried those D Skins? do they actually protect the game CDs?

I don't want to sound like a *****, but teach your kid to be responsible with his games. Put them back in the cases and they should be fine. I've been playing games for a long time and I have never had a game where it wouldn't work. I learned at an early age to take care of my stuff.

don't know how old u are mercy, but i'm 44 and games today are extremely more sensitive than games when i was growing up, yes, even video games i got when i was older. things like "dust" weren't an issue. my kids are extremely responsible for being 10 years old. i was only looking for any tips or advice like if D-Skins were effective, not a lesson on teaching responsibility to children (hint for when you have kids: you don't go online for that). and congrats on being the perfect kid who never accidentally broke or damaged a gift.

Thread Information