Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doom 3 gets release date, collector's edition.

Thumbs up Doom 3 gets release date, collector's edition.

It's now official:

"Activision and id Software are finally spelling Doom for the Xbox. The first-person shooter Doom 3 now has a release date of March 1 (according to online retailers EBGames and GameStop) and will be accompanied by a collector's edition of the title. The collector's edition will include full versions of Ultimate Doom and Doom II, a behind-the-scenes featurette, a storyboard, and sketch gallery. Though the creepy zombie-blasting action of Doom 3 has been raging on the PC since August, the Xbox version will feature an exclusive cooperative mode over Xbox Live as well as competitive multiplayer and an offline single-player campaign. Doom 3 will retail for $49.99 (the collector's edition for $59.99), and is rated "M" for Mature."

T3h Gheyspot link

What can I say, Doom 3 with Online Co-Op, Ultimate and Hell on Earth DOOM, plus some extra features. Consider it bought buy me. I've already got the $60 stored away for March.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

Sounds damn cool. I'm not going to reserve it because we all know how sketchy some ports are (I'm guessing it's a port from the PC version...).

If it is really good, I'll probably pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0Mercy
    Sounds damn cool. I'm not going to reserve it because we all know how sketchy some ports are (I'm guessing it's a port from the PC version...).

If it is really good, I'll probably pick it up.

Doom 3 PC and Xbox are two entirely different projects. Doom 3 should push the Xbox to it's limits otherwise if it were a port it would have been released on the Xbox way earlier. Xbox Doom 3 is far more then some mere sloppy port.

You cannot have an xbox and don't get this game. I'm sorry that's just how I feel.

This is MY HOME

Quote Originally Posted by t_howell
    You cannot have an xbox and don't get this game.

Smartest thing I've heard on XBA in a while now...

fun while it lasted

ill be buyin this for sure, as long as im not too wrapped up in WoW... how many players is the multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind
    Smartest thing I've heard on XBA in a while now...
    I mean really how could you? It's almost like not having Halo2. Why have an xbox then? For EA ports?

This is MY HOME

It is a port. The studio porting it has been working on porting the code ever since Id allowed them to touch it. I think it might be pretty good, but it WILL not look or run as good as on the PC. 70 FPS on the PC is considered good frames. This is on high end PC's too. Granted, they are running some high resolutions, but other ports *cough* unreal championship *cough* ran way better in their PC counterparts on super high settings, in super high machines, yet did not fare too well on the PC.

That being said, if you can't get it on PC, definetly snatch it for the Xbox. It's an instant classic. Just don't go touting about how it looks just as good if not better than on the PC.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Quote Originally Posted by natedogmiller
    ill be buyin this for sure, as long as im not too wrapped up in WoW... how many players is the multiplayer?
    Doom 3 has 2 player co-op. Ultimate and Hell on Earth is 1-4 co-op and deathmatch. Deathmatch and **** is 1-4 players, maybe more on the Xbox.
    Last edited by Snowblind; 01-04-2005 at 11:07 PM.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t_howell
    I mean really how could you?
    Oh, oh, I found a way.

I'm buying a new comp in April when i get my tax return, and it comes with my vid card free, so not only will i have it for PC, but in the mean time, I need to save all the money i can for my new comp.

Also, although I'm fairly confident this will be a good port, as they have been working on it since Doom 3 was pretty much started, it still is quite untested. Hell, everyone though Deus Ex 2 was going to own on Xbox, as it was developed and released at the same time as the PC version, but looked what happened there...

also, no, it's not like not owning Halo 2, as Halo 2 isn't available for any other platform...

Got the pc version but I'll be getting this simply for the co-op, and the mics on LIVE for deathmatch.

Yea, I'll splurge for the Collectors
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

my xboxes is loud? :s

I prolly get it 4 XBOX... if it really comes with the other 2 games.

If I do get it 4 PC, is a Geforce 2 Graphics card good enough? How much mem would you suggest? Would 128MB of SDR be good? - if not, How about 256MB SDR?

Thanks
    hi!

my xboxes is loud? :s

Sorry for teh double post!

"Activision and id Software are finally spelling Doom for the Xbox. The first-person shooter Doom 3 now has a release date of March 1 (according to online retailers EBGames and GameStop) and will be accompanied by a collector's edition of the title. The collector's edition will include full versions of Ultimate Doom and Doom II, a behind-the-scenes featurette, a storyboard, and sketch gallery. Though the creepy zombie-blasting action of Doom 3 has been raging on the PC since August, the Xbox version will feature an exclusive cooperative mode over Xbox Live as well as competitive multiplayer and an offline single-player campaign. Doom 3 will retail for $49.99 (the collector's edition for $59.99), and is rated "M" for Mature."

Isn't the "spelling" supposed to be "selling"?
    hi!

Sammael

I do believe it is a port. A ported with added features. The storyline and everything is the exact same.

are yall saying that you can play the old doom multiplayer on this as well? that may be fun. Like jerred said though, i already have it on PC, and really dont see much point in owning 2 copies of the game. i'll probably rent it and try it out.
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

xbAWOL

The Doom 3 expansion pack comes out for the PC around the same time and I thought I heard they were going to have co op as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MixMasta
    The Doom 3 expansion pack comes out for the PC around the same time and I thought I heard they were going to have co op as well.
    woah, i didnt even know they were making an expansion pack. I'll definately be getting that instead of the xbox version of the game
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

not to mention the doom3 expansion pack copies half life 2. it has a gravity gun in it
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Xboxfreakkid
    Sorry for teh double post!

Isn't the "spelling" supposed to be "selling"?
    It's a PUN. Y'know, like in corny comic book lingo. "Does this spell DOOM for Batman???!"

bust a nut

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael
    I do believe it is a port. A ported with added features. The storyline and everything is the exact same.
    no its not..its been made entirely different. the storyline is not the same...the only thing that is the same are the weapons, characters and themewise.

Thread Information