Thread: Cost of repairing

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Cost of repairing

My Xbox is freezing during games or returning the dreaded Dirty Disc Error. I was wondering how much it would cost to fix it? I called Microsoft and they told me to try deleting all my saved files... didn't work. I was thinking about opening it up but i think its too dangerous. So the only option is repairing. Is it free? Or does it cost as much as a new Xbox?
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

my xboxes is loud? :s

Well, opening it would not be dangerous. Your problem is the DVD drive. Go Here and there is a Thomson drive for 23 dollars. Soon they will also be getting the LENS (the main problem) Here .. It is on Pre-Order.

If your Xbox does not have warenty then it will cost you. I think its from 50-80 dollars. Also, if you give it to MS, they might erase ALL of your gamesaves and it will take weeks to get fixed.
    hi!

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

call 18004myxbox, mine is having the same problem, and i called them and they said that they will fix it for free. all i have to do is send it to them. They said it will take 8 working days for them to fix it and return it to me... Give em a call...

Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Xorc1st

Cleaning the eye wouldn't hurt either, just a wet paper tell and rub gently, there's special kits you could get to fix those things, i have 1
    Hidden Content 27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="120" id="stats" ALIGN=""> Hidden Content NAME=quality VALUE=high> Hidden Content quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="120" NAME="stats" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

Wondering Around

just by a brand new one and solve the hassle of stil lhaving an old xbox when you could be struttin around with a brand new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorc1st
    Cleaning the eye wouldn't hurt either, just a wet paper tell and rub gently, there's special kits you could get to fix those things, i have 1
    NEVER use anything wet on the lens - it ruins it even more. A dry q-tip will do just fine.

I sold mine for $50 and bought a refurb from EB for $99 online. I thought that was better than trying to fix mine and I was only out $49.

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

my xbox did that back in november right after halo 2 came out. it started doing that and it scratched up my halo 2, checked DVD drives online and they are expencive. just get a new one.

Talking

Guess I've got the best deal. Just sent mine in for the same
    thing, my 4th time for doing this. For some weird reason they
    keep sticking Thompson drives back in.

I asked if my Xbox was still under warranty because I've had it
    under one since it was originally purchased. Not only was the
    reply "yes" but the guy kind of freaked, it shows to be under
    warranty until 2010!!

See, buying the Microsoft warranty was a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by techie
    See, buying the Microsoft warranty was a good thing!
    Workin at EB is better, I can just switch mine anytime for another
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Thread Information