Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAW Post Collection

XboxUserAndrew

Talking I Just Got Raw!!!!!!!!! Omg!!

This is a collection of ALL of the RAW reviews/opinions.
    In the future, I will try and make official game threads for the more popular Games.

maneatingcow-XBA

All messages start below this line
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Its really cool! I will admit, it's not the best game in gameplay and that, but the graphics are just amazing!! You should get it if u can.
    Last edited by maneatingcow; 02-14-2002 at 10:42 PM.

I was just wondering on the royal rumble feature,it was stated that six men in the ring was no longer advailable, and I belive IGN stated that 4 in ring and 2 out of the ring? is this still the case or are their just 4 people in or out of the ring at any given time?

XboxUserAndrew

Default I dunno

I no royal rumble isn't on it tho:-(

WHOOPS i MENT BATTLE ROYAL!

XboxUserAndrew

Default but they only gave the graphics a 8!!

there like a 2,000,000!!!!!!!!!!

Default WWF RAW REVIEW. My Opinion

WWF RAW is so freakin sweet. The gameplay is hard at first but in about 30 minutes youll be doing specials in no time.Graphics are sweet. Everything about this game is sweet.

Well off I go to play as Great Muta (my CAW)

Official Aussie of XBA™ Rochey69r's Avatar

Exclamation First thoughts on RAW

hey everyone,
    im sean i live in australia and are buying an xbox at launch (only 28 days). i have been looking forward to raw as i have loved WM2000 and NO MERCy.

but i almost hit the roof with anger as i found out this:

1. NO BLOOD
    2. 1 arena
    3. no RVD or members of the alience.
    4. stamina meter (cant do any move youwant at any time like WM2000)
    5. fred durst
    6. only 6 wrestlers in the ring at one time (even pos2 can handle 8 in SD3)
    7. you cant keep doing the sAme move over and over e.g. beating the hell outta someone with a chair because if you do the crowd boos you and starts going for the other guy
    8. cant use ya own ripped music off the hard disk for your CAW
    9. no comentating
    10. no fighting in crowd

there im done

things i like
    1. CAW sounds really good
    2. graphics are completly amazing.

I HAVNT PLAYED IT YET!!

these are only thoughts on the game!!!
    Last edited by Rochey69r; 02-14-2002 at 02:59 AM.

My thoughts after playin it for 3 hours are that it sucks. It is way to hard to get out of a pin. Finishers are really hard to pull off. I feel like I'm just mashing buttons. It is far short of what I expected. It looks great, sounds great, but plays like *****...

Thumbs down WWF RAW sucks. Don't buy it.

I have had this game a day and a half now, and THQ screwed it up so bad, there is no possible way I can make myself enjoy this game. Yeah it looks good, but trust me that is all it does good. Before you buy this game there are things you should know.

THQ put this awfull voltage meter in the game whitch makes the fans decide who is winning, and it's ruins the play of the wrestling part of the game entirely. You can have a guy in a figure 4 leg lock, and your meter will decrease, you can beat a guy for 5 minutes straight, the guy never touches you, and his meter can be higher than yours. Why THQ put this in the game is beyond me, but it is the absolute truth, and a guy who has not even pushed a button can be beating a guy who has landed 100 moves, because the fans are not happy with the way the player kicking the others guys ass is playing.

This meter makes the computer tough to beat because the computer knows what the fans want, you will not and will lose matches that you completely dominated. Nothing like kicking a guys ass for 15 mintes and then losing.

The strengths and weakness's of the wrestlers on this game are a mess. Little 5 foot 120 pound Trish Stratus can go toe to toe with 7 foot 300 pound Kane and win? Believe it or not, Kane has no advantages over Trish, HHH has no advantages over Stephanie McMahon, and it'shard to believe THQ had no interest in simulating strengths and weakness's at all, but they did not even make an attempt.

The Create a wrestler goes into too much detail, and it's hard to make characters. I know too much sounds good, but in RAW THQ even screws this up. Trying to make a guy bigger, actually makes him look deformed, so it's hard to make a guy like Big Poppa Pump or Goldberg. I have not even come close to making a good looking character, because the bodies wind up looking deformed when I try to make them bigger. So I really do not even enjoy the create a wrestler feature either because I spend way to much time doing tedious annoying things, and then it does not work out right in the end anyway.

No blood, no story mode, no arena's other than RAW, no hell in a cell, and no cage matches. THQ thought just looking at RAW was enough, you won't.

Even after all these mistakes, the grappling aspect of the game is bad as well. Undertaker chokeslams a guy, he gets up like nothing happened in a second? A lot of miss's when you try ot grapple, and it just does not have a smooth feel to it like other THQ wrestling games in the past had like WM2k.

This game is a disgrace to the xbox and to wrestling. It's sad to think some people actually bought xbox for this pile of garbage called RAW THQ released. The problems the game have completely ruined it, and the game has no replay value at all, no multi player value at all, and I definitely reccomend renting it first, because it is just awfull. I tried hard to like it because I waited a year for it anxiously, but it is impossible to like this game, and THQ would have to change almost every single aspect of this game for me ever to buy a second version for xbox.

Raw was one of the reasons I bought my Xbox...and I get my game in a few hours.... Lets hope that I find it more entertaining
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Okay, I have WWF Raw and its great. Sure its missing things but dont judge it from everybody else's thoughts until you are able to get an opinion of your own.

Tonight I will put up my WWF Raw review and a couple others, so tonight you will be able to see what i liked and didnt like from it in all.

batman46st

Default aww man

Im one of the few people that bought the xbox for this game(and others) however this one is the one that got me hooked to it. I'm gonna buy it for the same reason i bought batman vengience, I'm a fan. Dave dude, I'm probably gonna end up saying the same things as you it seems we both wanted a game similar to wrestlemania 2000 n64.My one question is, can u put your own music to your creata player

Default Re: WWF RAW sucks. Don't buy it.

Originally posted by Dave
    I have had this game a day and a half now, and THQ screwed it up so bad, there is no possible way I can make myself enjoy this game. Yeah it looks good, but trust me that is all it does good. Before you buy this game there are things you should know.

THQ put this awfull voltage meter in the game whitch makes the fans decide who is winning, and it's ruins the play of the wrestling part of the game entirely. You can have a guy in a figure 4 leg lock, and your meter will decrease, you can beat a guy for 5 minutes straight, the guy never touches you, and his meter can be higher than yours. Why THQ put this in the game is beyond me, but it is the absolute truth, and a guy who has not even pushed a button can be beating a guy who has landed 100 moves, because the fans are not happy with the way the player kicking the others guys ass is playing.

This meter makes the computer tough to beat because the computer knows what the fans want, you will not and will lose matches that you completely dominated. Nothing like kicking a guys ass for 15 mintes and then losing.

The strengths and weakness's of the wrestlers on this game are a mess. Little 5 foot 120 pound Trish Stratus can go toe to toe with 7 foot 300 pound Kane and win? Believe it or not, Kane has no advantages over Trish, HHH has no advantages over Stephanie McMahon, and it'shard to believe THQ had no interest in simulating strengths and weakness's at all, but they did not even make an attempt.

The Create a wrestler goes into too much detail, and it's hard to make characters. I know too much sounds good, but in RAW THQ even screws this up. Trying to make a guy bigger, actually makes him look deformed, so it's hard to make a guy like Big Poppa Pump or Goldberg. I have not even come close to making a good looking character, because the bodies wind up looking deformed when I try to make them bigger. So I really do not even enjoy the create a wrestler feature either because I spend way to much time doing tedious annoying things, and then it does not work out right in the end anyway.

No blood, no story mode, no arena's other than RAW, no hell in a cell, and no cage matches. THQ thought just looking at RAW was enough, you won't.

Even after all these mistakes, the grappling aspect of the game is bad as well. Undertaker chokeslams a guy, he gets up like nothing happened in a second? A lot of miss's when you try ot grapple, and it just does not have a smooth feel to it like other THQ wrestling games in the past had like WM2k.

This game is a disgrace to the xbox and to wrestling. It's sad to think some people actually bought xbox for this pile of garbage called RAW THQ released. The problems the game have completely ruined it, and the game has no replay value at all, no multi player value at all, and I definitely reccomend renting it first, because it is just awfull. I tried hard to like it because I waited a year for it anxiously, but it is impossible to like this game, and THQ would have to change almost every single aspect of this game for me ever to buy a second version for xbox.
    Jesus, you didn't have to made 2 posts of the same thing, you could of posted this in your other post, idiot....

Just give the game a chance. I only played it for an hour so far, and I pretty much like it, you just have to get used to it....

And if you land 100 moves of the same thing, then the fans don't like it, too repetative.

So just don't make up another post, it will take up useless room in boards, just go to your other post: I got RAW. ( 1 2 )
    and post this there...
    Last edited by gula; 02-14-2002 at 09:09 AM.
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

Batman you cannot use your own Cd's in RAW.

I do not want to sound to over opinionated, and I would probably buy this game no matter how bad someone told me it sucked as well because I wanted it so bad, but you guys will not believe how stupid this voltage meter that controls the tempo of the match works. You hit a guy, and you lose power and he gains? You put a guy in a submission hold, and you can lose power and the opponent gains power? This game is the first and hopefully last of it's kind. The first fighting game, that hitting the other guy can actually hurt you more than your opponent.

I bought the book, and it says you have to please the crowd to hurt the opponents voltage meter, and the crowd is everything in this game. You have to use a variety of moves for the crowd to like you. Kicking the hell out of a guy for like 20 minutes means nothing in this game, his meter can still be the same as yours after a 20 minute slaughter. I have beaten a guy senseless, and have really tried to use every move I could, but have still lost with my opponent being hit with every move I could, plus hitting him with chairs, hammers, steel chairs, and you name it. You kick a guys ass so bad, no way could a human survive but no blood, and he is standing there looking at you in perfect shape, because you did not kick his ass properly?

You hit him with a hammer 50 times, and you will lose for sure, because the guy will gain way to much strength while you are pounding on his head with a hammer, because the crowd is not pleased? This completely ruins the game. How in the hell does a guy get stronger being hit in the head with a hammer 50 times, and the guy who hit him winds up losing for hitting him too many times?

That's not fighting, that's not wrestling, I have no idea what that is? Someone ask THQ what this game was modeled after, because it is not wrestling or fighting. A 300 pound 7 foot man hits a 100 pound 4 foot girl with a hammer 50 times, and she rolls him up and pins him because he did not beat her up properly? I hope I have saved at least 1 person 50 bucks on this absolute joke of a game.

get used to the game. I know the game was kinda hard. Play it then for about 5 hours and you will see
    don't forget to visit:

Hidden Content join our forums too Hidden Content

Gula this post was my final opinion of RAW, the first one I only had it for like an hour. I'll put it wherever I want so kiss my ass.

did u buy the game or rent it?
    don't forget to visit:

Originally posted by XBOXgamer13
    get used to the game. I know the game was kinda hard. Play it then for about 5 hours and you will see
    Yeah it is kind of hard, but once you play it for a little, you get used to it. And then you love it! I really do like this game...

Gula this post was my final opinion of RAW, the first one I only had it for like an hour. I'll put it wherever I want so kiss my ass.
    Ok you ****ing prick, I thought I would hold in my anger but then you had "so kiss my ass".

You expected too much in the freaking game, so then your going to cry about it. LIKE A LITTLE *****!! You read too many rumors, and this is what it comes out to.
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired

Dave, stop crying like a little baby
    don't forget to visit:

Originally posted by XBOXgamer13
    Dave, stop crying like a little baby
    Yeah I know man, if you don't like the game then take it back and shut the **** up.
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired

Thread Information