Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the XBOX 360 have a dial-up conection for us guys in the country?

I need you to feel this.. Hangnail's Avatar

Default Will the XBOX 360 have a dial-up conection for us guys in the country?

I've seen them talk about how everybody will be able to play XBOX live with the 360 and it will have free weekends, so does that mean that it will be able to connect to dial-up for us guys living with out cable? If not, please tell me that there is another way for us to connect because it sucks not having XBOX live!
    Suck and suck. Suckin up all you can suckin up all you can suck .Workin up under my patience like a little tick. Fat little parasite. Suck me dry. My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter, beat my compassion black and blue.

I doubt it. It would create too much lag, which, isn't fun for anyone playing. Even Sony has pretty much abandoned 56K for online play on their games. I know your pain though. I live on the edge of my town and the only broadband available is cable for $45 a month... can't even get DSL

Dbrizzle

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidX-XBA
    I doubt it. It would create too much lag, which, isn't fun for anyone playing. Even Sony has pretty much abandoned 56K for online play on their games. I know your pain though. I live on the edge of my town and the only broadband available is cable for $45 a month... can't even get DSL
    ^^Exactly what he said. I live out there so I can only get cable for like 50 or so a month. And I doubt they'll ever let 56K online because of all of the lag it would create. ^^ like he said.

I definetly know what you guys are talking about with the 56k lag. If that was all I could get, I would definetly not pay to use it... Well all is far in love and war.
    Suck and suck. Suckin up all you can suckin up all you can suck .Workin up under my patience like a little tick. Fat little parasite. Suck me dry. My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards. You have turned my blood cold and bitter, beat my compassion black and blue.

Is there any other options for you?

This is MY HOME

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hangnail
    Well all is far in love and war.

i dont know if you meant to say that but you came off clever.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

if to much lag is already created.. there is no way that they will allow 56k. sorry to tell you...well i see that you guys say that u pay 50 for broadband that sucks. In chicago we pay 20 a month for dsl...
    Need a sig? Need artwork, feel free to contact me via AIM/YIM/PM/email.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterwiggles18
    well i see that you guys say that u pay 50 for broadband that sucks. In chicago we pay 20 a month for dsl...
    DSL is like 27 a month here, but I live to far from the station or whatever to get it. It's only by a couple hundred feet, but after that few hundred feet the connection isn't really worth paying for.

Well, unless Microsoft can come up with something easy, effective, and cheap, we dial-up users are just out of luck...

But I will be at college in a few years, if all goes well..., and will be able to get the hardware I need to make it happen.
    Last edited by Hangnail; 06-04-2005 at 06:15 PM.

I hope not....
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

well what can microsoft do.. i mean think about it.. allows 56k creates much more lag, they lose some customers on live because they dont want to play anymore... but either way they are losing customers...
    Need a sig? Need artwork, feel free to contact me via AIM/YIM/PM/email.

So is there any kind of satelite alternative for you in the boonies?

I've heard that power lines being used for something thats like ISDL (right acronym?) for speed for those in the country, but I'm not sure if anything ever came of it.

Anyone know of alternatives for people not in the city?

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

i think its asdsl, which is what i have.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

ADSL is regualar DSL.

IDSL is an alternative DSL which has speeds of around 150k down/120k up
    It works excellent for Live, I have had a firsthand expierence with this beacause I use something very closely related to it.

DO NOT get satelite. It will be the biggest waste of money you'll ever see when you find out your ping will NEVER go under 700ms.

My neighbors have a DSL hookup but it costs them like 50 bucks a month...but don't have an XBOX. Talk about not getting your moneys worth.

Hope not, cause dialup'ers will just make others lag.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Have some simpathy. It would probably show which users were using dial-up and which were using DSL... So you could enjoy your game while we just lag on an on into a oblivion of frozen XBOXs...

yeah but then dialupers will join games full of broadband users and bang, we all lag like crazy.

U should be able to block us... man do i sound stupid... "block us"

Like an option to ban dial-up users? Everyone would have that checked and you wouldn't get in any games. So you'd have to play on 56k server. How worthless would that be?

And yea satellite is an option, but like someone said, $70-$80 for REALLY weak internet speed isn't worth it. But when you get to a college campus, yea you'll be set. Problem is, chances are you'll be busy most of the time with work. I sympathize man, I was in that situation for soooo long. Only switched about a year and a half ago.
    Hidden Content

My-sig-is-too-big...My sig...is TOO BIG!

Thread Information