Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone feel that Xbox is lacking games?

Question Does anyone feel that Xbox is lacking games?

First of all, Xbox is my favorite system. It has the best graphics, is the fastest, has an internal hard drive, has a DVD player, and so on, but presently, I feel that it is lacking games. Especially compared to PS2. I know that Xbox has only been out for three months, but it still has to compete against PS2. I went over to the official Xbox site to look at Xbox's games, and currently there are 0 strategy games, 0 role playing games, 1 simulation game, and 2 adventure games (1 which has gotten horrible reviews). Plus, Xbox is making a whole bunch of remakes of old games. Some examples are Grand Theft Auto 3, Spy Hunter, Tony Hawk 2x, Tony Hawk 3, Onimusha, 007 Agent Under Fire, and Burnout.
    Currently PS2 has Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry, etc. I know the future may be different, but right now it seems as if Xbox's games are losing to PS2's. Does any feel the same way?
    Last edited by Kooster; 02-16-2002 at 01:32 PM.

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

Yeah, I feel just the same about the games.
    GO OAKLAND ATHLETICS!
    Jason Giambi, you are a TRAITOR!
    DanieLudacris

Wink

Well its not that Microsoft cant get the games out. Games such as Grand Theft Auto, PS2 buys exclusive periods to them. Microsoft just doesnt need to spend the extra money to keep games exclusive to them, they have enouph of a following. Since Xbox beats its competetors in every other way, Sony is willing to shell out some bucks to have an exclusive line of games (at least for a couple months)

Frostberg

Hmm I think the same thing was said then the PS2 came out, and the DC, and the N64, and the PSX, and the Saturn, and the Genesis, and the SNES, and the Game Boy, and the Game Gear, and the Commodore 64, and the Neo-Geo, and the Jaguar, and the NES, and the Turbo Grafx-16, and the Master System, and the Colecovision, and the Intellivision, and the Atari 2600, and the Apple II....get the picture....give it time and it will become great, except for the Saturn and DC

Default a correction :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 07 Agent Under Fire is a remake. I think its a new 007 made for xbox only. BUT I could be wrong.

I think it is the same thing because the Xbox and PS2 versions both have the same titles and covers
    Last edited by Kooster; 02-16-2002 at 01:34 PM.

ZGXB - tml*****s.com Integra Man's Avatar

xxbox is ****ing me off alot. out of all the games i bought halo was the one that was worth it thats it.

there all peice of **** games if u ask me
    YOUR # 1 Maple Leaf Community
    Hidden Content Sign Up Today!

hotshot, I would think the x-box sucked and is lacking games too, if I only oned Cel Damage, and ssx! GET HALO!!! I am serious! I can not get sick of this game! It will definitely hold me over until UT, MOH: AA, Conflict Desert Storm, and brute force!!!!

i feel the same way, the xbox hasnt had alot of really great games yet, but you still have to remember, it just came out a few months ago, it hasnt had alot of time to get awesome games. when the ps2 came out, it took a while to get some really great games, you just have to give it time, there are already really good games on the xbox right now, like halo, raw, project gotham, amped, blood wake, wreckless, and some more.

Exclamation

Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 07 Agent Under Fire is a remake. I think its a new 007 made for xbox only. BUT I could be wrong.
    The PS2 version of Agent Under Fire is being ported to Xbox and GameCube, due in March. All three are identical, other than the obvious graphical updates over PS2.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

no way xbox is lacking games im lacking games

GAMES I NEED GAMES MY XBOX IS GOING TO WASTE IT NEEDS TO BE PLAYED!!!!!!!!! GAMES I TELL YOU GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

I feel the same way...kinda makes me wish I bought a PS2.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down guys, it just came out. I've been spending most of my freetime playing Halo and NBA Inside Drive. I rented Wreckless and I was so disappointed I almost cried...lol.

Think of it this way:

Morrowind- Greatest replay value in a game ever.
    Project Ego - See Morrowind.
    GTA3 - It's a port, but who cares?
    Brute Force - The next halo?? We'll have to see.

And that's just 4 of the extremely good games that are coming out for X-Box.

SO Chill

Good one GX2002! I agree with you. There are alot of games out right now. Its just that they are all still 50 bucks and no one can afford alot at a time. Tell ya what go buy WRECKLESS and play the hell out of that until another that suits you comes out.

Xtopia, I do have Halo and I've already beaten it on Legendary. I barely play it anymore.

Frostberg

Originally posted by hotshot657
    Xtopia, I do have Halo and I've already beaten it on Legendary. I barely play it anymore.
    Thats what gamespy is for....

Originally posted by Frostberg

Thats what gamespy is for....
    hehe yup
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

u are crazy!!!!

u should talk about GCN for lacking of games not xbox Do u know how many games does GCN had right now compare to xbox? go figure it out right now and u will find your answer
    don't forget to visit:

Hidden Content join our forums too Hidden Content

Xboxgamer13>> Gamecube has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I know Gamecube sucks and is REALLY lacking games, but it isn't XBOX's main competitor. PS2 is, and it has almost 250 games out now, not including the PS1 games that you can play on it. And compared to PS2's load of games, in my opinion, Xbox is lacking at the present time. Like I said before, right now, there are no strategy games, no roleplaying games, only one simulation game, and only two adventure games (one with horrible ratings). I just think that Xbox should have plenty of games for each genre, and should not make remakes of old games. Again, the future may be and should be much different, but currently I think Xbox is lacking games.
    Frostberg>> Ok, I lied. I've only beaten Halo on heroic, but I did it by myself w/o any guides. But I still barely play it. My main point was just to tell Xtopia that I had Halo because he said I didn't.

your a very impatient person are u hotshot? can't wait till xbox got online this summer? lots of rpg's action,adventure,strategy games are coming to xbox this year. think about it. PS2 got lots of game I know. But only 20% of their games are good and the rest are crap!
    don't forget to visit:

Hidden Content join our forums too Hidden Content

Frostberg

And virtually all of the games you mentioned are coming out for the Xbox...just wait...they will look better than the PS2 versions as well!

Thread Information