Poll: Which controller do you use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatty vs. S Controller

Default Fatty vs. S Controller

I want to know who is like me and still uses the original controller, for real men.

For all you girly men, please do not take offense to this thread.

I have never used the fat version, I would like to try it out just to see what its like, but I do like the controller s, I find it very comfortable.

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

I like the s controller better, fits in my hand better and I like the button layout

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

I prefer the Duke...and yes, I also have an S controller...but I got so used to the duke that it was impossible for me to convert...I'd rather have the Duke with the electrical tape covering the familiar tear instead of the brand new S thats been used twice...
    Hidden Content
    SB XI,XV,XVIII CHAMPS!

OMG wtf is that smell?!?

I use the S controller...its more comfy IMO compared to the original.

I have 4 of the big original controllers, and 1 Controller-S. (I've worn out the "A" button on 2 of the big ones)

Overall, I prefer the Duke for 95% of my games, and it is hands down my favorite controller on any console (the Dreamcast has the 2nd best).

However, there are a few games that I prefer the Controller-S for (the ones that require fierce button mashing over an extended period of time - mainly fighting games). The flat buttons on the Controller-S are a little easier on my tender thumb then the rounded ones on the Duke.

The Duke > all.

Renegade of funk

I still use both controllers. If I'm doing PGR or any racing game for some reason I prefer to use the Duke.
    However for shooting games that require quick and precise movements I use the S-type.
    But it goes more into detail. I have an American S-type, the Halo S-type and a Japanese import S-type and the Japanese controller feels faster to me, like it's more responsive. Plus the stick heights are a bit shorter on the Japanese controllers so it's more comfortable for me because I like to use those controls for crouching and what not.
    I know.. it's weird. But for every mission I have a prefered weapon. For every game, I have a prefered controller.

I have 5 of the original ones. Found some at EB Games one day just sittin in a bin for $5 a piece.

To me they are probably the best controller ever. S-Type is too small

XBA's MX vs ATV Master MXracer721's Avatar

when i got my xbox it came with an S controller, but at the time i preferred the Duke so i bought one. i used it all the time, and loved it. i still think its the best feeling controller i've ever used, but i like the button layout on the S controller alot better. then my Duke broke, so i just used the S and i still think its really comfy and the button layout is great. so........i use teh S controller now.

Hidden Content height="60" http://assets.interscope.com/myspace/qotsa/QOTSAbanners/Makingpeoplehappy.gif"

at first when i started playin the box at my buddies' house, the s type wusnt out yet so i got used to the duke. but when i baught my own it came with an s controller, so i didnt buy another one for a short while, and in that time i just got acustomed to the s-type....besides i prefer it over the duke ...
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

The Duke rocks. I can use the S for certain games, but not in an fps that requires any skill.
    RIP Dave

My xbox came with a duke so of course i was loyal to it until the end. The end was when the wires started to rip in the cord to the xbox, I ended up taking it apart, exposing the wires, and attempting to tape them together many many times. Anyways after a few months I got sick of it and I went out and bought a brand new S-controller.
    To this day that was the best purchase I've made for my xbox since Ninja Gaiden.

Dbrizzle

i like the duke for some games and the controller s for others. i think they are equally as comfortable but i like the black and white buttons a little more on the s.

I like both, but I use the S more. Just got more confortable with it.

I use the S controller.

my original fatty controller was dubbed the 'Ray' controller until it broke (R.I.P.) and now I use a s controller with the very same "Ray' tag on it.
    -Welcome back

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixMaul-XBA
    my original fatty controller was dubbed the 'Ray' controller until it broke (R.I.P.) and now I use a s controller with the very same "Ray' tag on it.

who the hell dubbed it that?

anyways...i prefer the s, by a lot. the d pad on the fatty just plain sucks, and im a big fighting game fan.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCovenant-XBA
    who the hell dubbed it that?

anyways...i prefer the s, by a lot. the d pad on the fatty just plain sucks, and im a big fighting game fan.
    i did...for god sake: it said 'Ray' on it
    -Welcome back

I'm the only one I know of (besides on here, now) who actually prefers the original controllers.

Thread Information