Thread: Uhh wtf, M$ wants us to pick the games for Xbox 360 backward-compatibility

Default Uhh wtf, M$ wants us to pick the games for Xbox 360 backward-compatibility

taken straight from a post on xbox.com:

"Seems like you won't be able to play every old Xbox game on the 360s. MS wants us to pick from a list and then submit. 1up is polling users on which xbox games are compatible with the 360s and MS will be checking results to add these games to their list.

Anyways, here's the link http://xbox360poll.1up.com

Everybody vote for Psychonauts@!!@# ^_^"

Master of Pong

Here's the problem though, jackboot.... there will not be any way to move save games from the XBox to the XBox2. So you would have to start games over, with no real benefit except for the new controller. My advice is to keep your XBox hooked up for a while, then give it to a neighbor who isn't addicted to gaming yet. Better yet... finish all those old games now, and go cold turkey for a month. No gaming for a month. It would be like when we were kids and we used to drive to the pool. We would roll all the windows up and turn the heat on full blast. It was a miserable sauna in there, but it made that first splash orgasmic.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I haven't seen anything that say the Xbox 360 won't be able to save Xbox games. Gotta link for that?

Quote Originally Posted by StudioAlex-XBA
    I haven't seen anything that say the Xbox 360 won't be able to save Xbox games. Gotta link for that?
    No he means you can't transfer old saves from the Xbox to the Xbox 360. Boo. Now I won't be able to keep my old Fable and Halo saves.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Oh. Duh. Just call me Duke.

Now that MS is going with emulation isn't this a moot point now that all games should be BC with an HD?

ps had to look this up before I typed it mute point:

“Moot” is a very old word related to “meeting,” specifically a meeting where serious matters are discussed. Oddly enough, a moot point can be a point worth discussing at a meeting (or in court)—an unresolved question—or it can be the opposite: a point already settled and not worth discussing further. At any rate, “mute point” is simply wrong, as is the less common “mood point.”

Renegade of funk

Just screw it and keep your old Xbox. That's backward compatibility done the easy way, it will work every time and all the DL'ed content I aquired will always be there to use.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioAlex-XBA
    Oh. Duh. Just call me Duke.
    this is a dangerous game you are playing mister studeeoalix.
    RIP Dave

I agree with Rec. Keep your old xbox. I'm keeping mines.

This is MY HOME

Renegade of funk

Quote Originally Posted by mattgame-XBA
    I agree with Rec. Keep your old xbox. I'm keeping mines.
    Hell yeah my man. Screw the dumb ****. Just keep the old box hooked up to the TV.
    Problem solved and you don't have to worry about thousands of dumbasses choosing what ubber game they want to see that you really didn't.

MS should make all games work on X360. Even the games that didn't sell well. I've got a large collection of Xbox games and I want to enjoy them on the next system too. If not then I'll just keep playing them on my Xbox.

P.S. great website, I just joined today

In Amber Clad

Quote Originally Posted by BoogerBoy
    MS should make all games work on X360. Even the games that didn't sell well. I've got a large collection of Xbox games and I want to enjoy them on the next system too. If not then I'll just keep playing them on my Xbox.

P.S. great website, I just joined today
    Except that this is impossible because the xbox and xbox360 are based on different chipsets. The game programming has to connect with the system hardware, and the xbox1 games will not. However, I believe (as was posted above) that they are going to use emulation. Whether or not that process will be selective, that has yet to be seen.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by themoosearmy
    ....they are going to use emulation.
    I've heard that as well.

Emulation is what makes it possible to play those old arcade games on your PC. I know they can do it.

Thread Information