Thread: Loud Xbox Beep

Default Loud Xbox Beep

After i got done playing a game, by mistake i turn off my xbox while the game was still inside, so i turn it back on by again mistake and i hit the top button and i guess i was holding it by mistake and i heard this loud long beep noise.

Any idea what that was?

Renegade of funk

No.. unless something has changed, Xboxes didn't have an internal speaker to provide error notices. It just flashed in certain colors.
    Orange-something you can fix
    Red-something you can not fix.

Are you sure it was a beep and it came from the Xbox? I just tore my dead-box down and didn't see anything on the motherboard for a speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer
    No.. unless something has changed, Xboxes didn't have an internal speaker to provide error notices. It just flashed in certain colors.
    Orange-something you can fix
    Red-something you can not fix.

Are you sure it was a beep and it came from the Xbox? I just tore my dead-box down and didn't see anything on the motherboard for a speaker.

yea, no speaker inside the xbox....the only thing that makes noise in there is the hard drive and the fan.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Don U2K
    After i got done playing a game, by mistake i turn off my xbox while the game was still inside, so i turn it back on by again mistake and i hit the top button and i guess i was holding it by mistake and i heard this loud long beep noise.

Any idea what that was?
    thats a lot of mistakes......but you do know its OK to turn your xbox off with a game in it....right....it won't hurt it.....

and holding any buttons on startup doesn't prompt anything, especially noises(unless you have a M0dd3d xbox)......which i am willing to bet money that you don't!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Thanks to BuLLsEyEWTF for the sig Hidden Content

No I've heard a beep from mine too..

yea i dont have a modded xbox haha, even tho i have plans to buy a second xbox and get it modded. But anyway, i dont know what it was, but i will keep a close eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Don U2K
    yea i dont have a modded xbox haha, even tho i have plans to buy a second xbox and get it modded. But anyway, i dont know what it was, but i will keep a close eye on it.

its prob. the HDD, i nver heard mine beep....but thats really the only thing that could possibly be making the noise..........

And whatch saying the word, mod(as NOT in Moderator) or modded.......b/c the modd police will yell at you!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Thanks to BuLLsEyEWTF for the sig Hidden Content

mine beeps everytime i turn it off. and it's not modded. just one quick loud beep.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by BananaMan
    mine beeps everytime i turn it off. and it's not modded. just one quick loud beep.
    Yea i think thats its. Funny thing, i havent heard it before, last night was the first time. I am about play some epsn2k5 in a min or too, and see whats up. I hope my xbox aint dying tho, but if it is, its a import store at the mall around my way that fixes them for 56 bucks.

( Replace beer with kool-aid )

Thread Information