Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox says the disc is dirty

Default Xbox says the disc is dirty

I have a xbox that will freeze in the middle of a game and say that the disc is dirty, it only does it though with Madden 05 and 06, all the rest of the games work just fine on it. The madden 06 is brand new, did it right out of the box. Any suggestions?

my xboxes is loud? :s

Quote Originally Posted by chris8105
    I have a xbox that will freeze in the middle of a game and say that the disc is dirty, it only does it though with Madden 05 and 06, all the rest of the games work just fine on it. The madden 06 is brand new, did it right out of the box. Any suggestions?
    Hmm... It could be the Xbox. I think that it's a DVD drive problem. Nothing to worry about, I get it all the time... I need to reboot 2-3 times before I get my Halo 2 to work (like the only game I play)

You can buy replacemnet parts, or send it in to Microsoft for fixing (although it is costly) Replacing it yourslef is much easier.
    hi!

Well restarting it doesnt work, you get about 5 minutes of time to play and it locks, I restarted it 5 times in a row yesterday and the same thing, why would it only do it with the madden football games and not do it with anything else?

Well restarting it doesnt work, you get about 5 minutes of time to play and it locks, I restarted it 5 times in a row yesterday and the same thing, why would it only do it with the madden football games and not do it with anything else?
    Interesting... Where did you get the games? New.. Used... Ebay?
    hi!

Brand new still in the wrapping from Best Buy, I have cleaned the heck out of the disc.

Brand new still in the wrapping from Best Buy, I have cleaned the heck out of the disc.
    Man, I dont know what to tell you. Maybe the laser power needs to be increased ( a little screw inside the xbox that increases reading power of the disks)

Is here a specific point in the game that it stops?
    hi!

No I wouldnt say a specific spot, its about 2 minutes into the first quarter it screws up. You think me emailing microsoft about this situtation, you think they will tell me anything, or just try to get me to mail it to them?

No I wouldnt say a specific spot, its about 2 minutes into the first quarter it screws up. You think me emailing microsoft about this situtation, you think they will tell me anything, or just try to get me to mail it to them?
    naw, Microsoft doesn't care about just 1 costumer. Just keep on troubleshooting. Rent the game.. and see if it happens. If the rented one works, keep it
    hi!

I will do that, and if the rented one doesnt work, then I am screwed

I will do that, and if the rented one doesnt work, then I am screwed
    screwed until you get a 360

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyboy
    screwed until you get a 360
    Great idea! He can borrow yours!
    hi!

try removing the outer case and spraying your hardware with some air-in-the-bottle...or, if youre on a tight budget, break out the vacuum cleaner and goto work...
    besides, madden has been played out since about 93...I bet NFL2k5 would work better!
    Hidden Content
    SB XI,XV,XVIII CHAMPS!

you can order a replacement DVD drive online.... id bet it would fix your problem, but would void your warranty. its a very eay install, the same is changing a DVD drive in a computer. go to www.llamma.com , thye sell them there.

you can order a replacement DVD drive online.... id bet it would fix your problem, but would void your warranty. its a very eay install, the same is changing a DVD drive in a computer. go to www.llamma.com , thye sell them there.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude222
    Great Idea!
    hi!

Even better Idea!
    hi!

Aahahaha Your funny.
    hi!

I had a very similar situation with my first-gen XBOX. Seemed to mostly happen while starting or using EA games. I considered the DVD replacement also, but ended up buying a new XBOX. If you're out of warranty, consider buying a new unit. The DVD drives are about 1/3 the cost of a new system. Good luck.

I've been experiencing the same problem.The thompson is just working less and less, so I've decided to get a new drive,and idealy I'd like to up grade to a samsung...

So my question is wether or not a samsung will be compatible with my xbox.

Any help would be greatly appretiated. Thanks.
    " A man can be happy with any woman as long as he dosnt love her...it's true..." As quoted by Mr. President from a Super Milk Chan advert on AdultSwim

Thread Information