Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    190213191640 - Team XBox Faceplate

270224450634 - Ubisoft Vendor Faceplate - act quick, only about two hours left.
    DONT BUY THE VENDOR PLATE ITS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE i wouldnt go over 30 for the plate with shipping and its nearing 50 without shipping unless you wanna waste money i wouldnt go for that one, also any one else notice that c***1 has been on every plate no offense (insert name of the guy on our site who is cantstopcollecting) but your getting ripped off left and right 300 for urban RIP, 210 for New Zealand Saints Row RIP, also a few more just calm down dude and leave some for the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    DONT BUY THE VENDOR PLATE ITS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE i wouldnt go over 30 for the plate with shipping and its nearing 50 without shipping unless you wanna waste money i wouldnt go for that one, also any one else notice that c***1 has been on every plate no offense (insert name of the guy on our site who is cantstopcollecting) but your getting ripped off left and right 300 for urban RIP, 210 for New Zealand Saints Row RIP, also a few more just calm down dude and leave some for the rest of us
    Hey, he's starting a collection, he's got the money, and there's an enormous number of very rare plates up right now. In his position, I'd do the same thing. Who's to say that Urbans won't be $500 in a year? There are only 200 of them, ya know.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Who's to say that Urbans won't be $500 in a year? There are only 200 of them, ya know.
    good point I need to hurry up and get my one.

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    item numbers:

not really sure but i am sure that yours is real if it has the E305 thing on the usb door then its real

Just got the one I bought for Spacey today - it's not real.
    I took some comparison shots and I'll be starting a new thread tonight to show off the difference.
    Sorry Spacey. I'm going to get in touch with the seller and see what he has to say about it.
    And Gh0st_R1der yours is probably a fake too since you got the one that ended right before mine.
    Last edited by gameking28; 04-10-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King-XBA View Post
    good point I need to hurry up and get my one.
    Well, what happens with super limited plates is this:

Let's say there are 200 of some plate. 100 of them are in some collector's house and will never be sold. The other 100 are in "some guy's" house, and he'll eventually sell them.

A year from now, there are 150 in collections and 50 just "out there."

Two years from now, there are 190 in collections and only ten left "out there."

The total number of plates hasn't changed, but the number of plates actually available continues to decrease over time, driving the price up.

At some point, they'll end up like the IdolM@ster Girls plate, where one show up every six months, and if you don't get it then, you MAY never see it again.

There's got to me a thousand Naruto faceplates out there. Where are they? How many War of the World plates are there? DOA Kasumi? Trusty Bell? X-Men? They're out there, they're just not "available" and unlikely to EVER be "available." They're "home" and they're staying there.

Banned

Well, what happens with super limited plates is this:

Let's say there are 200 of some plate. 100 of them are in some collector's house and will never be sold. The other 100 are in "some guy's" house, and he'll eventually sell them.

A year from now, there are 150 in collections and 50 just "out there."

Two years from now, there are 190 in collections and only ten left "out
    there."

The total number of plates hasn't changed, but the number of plates actually available continues to decrease over time, driving the price up.

At some point, they'll end up like the IdolM@ster Girls plate, where one show up every six months, and if you don't get it then, you MAY never see it again.

There's got to me a thousand Naruto faceplates out there. Where are they? How many War of the World plates are there? DOA Kasumi? Trusty Bell? X-Men? They're out there, they're just not "available" and unlikely to EVER be "available." They're "home" and they're staying there.
    thats a great perspective just look at the X05 canada editions i got mine from a canadian and he was reluctant to sell but wanted some money and i believe that some plates have a personal value not just money value because i would never sell my X05 amsterdam since i am dutch but i also will never sell my tags 06 #1 because ITS NUMBER 1 anyways. I believe that some people who dont have collections just dont wanna sell their plates because of a personal value they have to a specific person and so thats why i think there arent any more X05 Canada available for the time being

Crap.

Crap.
    It's ok. I always have a backup plan. Don't you worry.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hellon earth159

SpaceGhost,
    Thanks for sticking up for me. You're absolutely right. Two months ago, I had maybe 10 plates. All of them retail. I didn't even know this world existed. I started shopping on ebay for a completely different hobby and by accident hit on some cool plates up for auction. I passed up on a lot of rare plates in the first month. I was just trying to get all the video game based plates. It wasn't till I found this site and saw all the awesome collections that learned of the dozens of launch plates and other exclusives.

Jak, you're also right...I do need to calm down and pace myself. If I outbid you on any plate that you had your heart set on, please let me know and we'll work out a deal.
    At this point, i think I'm only missing a couple of game plates (prey, 1 idolmaster, and simpsons).
    I don't promise not to bid on more plates, but at this point, I'll be looking for bargains so good luck to you all.

Hellon earth159

Also...I think there should be a trademark violation or something here:
    Ebay Item 350009501091

Banned

It's ok. I always have a backup plan. Don't you worry.
    for what?

For the Fake E3 plate I just bought for Spacey. I had a backup plan in mind just in case it turned out to be fake.
    I'm like the Boy Scouts - always prepared.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hellonearth159 View Post
    SpaceGhost,
    Thanks for sticking up for me. You're absolutely right. Two months ago, I had maybe 10 plates. All of them retail. I didn't even know this world existed. I started shopping on ebay for a completely different hobby and by accident hit on some cool plates up for auction. I passed up on a lot of rare plates in the first month. I was just trying to get all the video game based plates. It wasn't till I found this site and saw all the awesome collections that learned of the dozens of launch plates and other exclusives.

Jak, you're also right...I do need to calm down and pace myself. If I outbid you on any plate that you had your heart set on, please let me know and we'll work out a deal.
    At this point, i think I'm only missing a couple of game plates (prey, 1 idolmaster, and simpsons).
    I don't promise not to bid on more plates, but at this point, I'll be looking for bargains so good luck to you all.
    um your not gonna get a prey Taco is wicked lucky he got his and i am guessing their are less than 10 out there, the simpsons one is for the movie and i want it too, and the idolmaster have fun thats a 150+ plate

You never know - he got the X-Men plate (only one I've ever seen) and the Global Support plate I think (only seen 2 and I have 1 of them), so if it ever shows up on eBay (and some day it will) he's going to get it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Banned

You never know - he got the X-Men plate (only one I've ever seen) and the Global Support plate I think (only seen 2 and I have 1 of them), so if it ever shows up on eBay (and some day it will) he's going to get it.
    no i will or gamer76 or goldeneyez will or god dont forget him

Registered User tinytoonsbuster's Avatar

uh goldeneyez got the x-men and global support faceplates. not hellonearth gameking..=p
    My Wishlist!
    X05 Canada - Maple Leaf Tile
    Star Ocean Japan Faceplate
    Tales of Vesperia Japan Faceplate

Well I was very fortunate as well and have obtained a Prey faceplate so I will abstain from going crazy if one appears on ebay. I of course would like an idolm@ster set, but mainly because it's a rare faceplate... not because I think it looks good or I like the game. The simpsons one I would also like, but in the meantime I am having mypainteffects make a custom simpsons with Simpsons under the CD tray and a pink glazed donut around the power button. The GTA console faceplate would be nice too (even though I think Spacey's looks better).

There are a few I'm still really looking for.
    Current faceplates (Just the highlights/new additions)
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneyez9 View Post
    Well I was very fortunate as well and have obtained a Prey faceplate so I will abstain from going crazy if one appears on ebay. I of course would like an idolm@ster set, but mainly because it's a rare faceplate... not because I think it looks good or I like the game. The simpsons one I would also like, but in the meantime I am having mypainteffects make a custom simpsons with Simpsons under the CD tray and a pink glazed donut around the power button. The GTA console faceplate would be nice too (even though I think Spacey's looks better).

There are a few I'm still really looking for.
    how the **** you get a prey **** this i quit i mean its only money now any1 can decide to collect and take all the rare plates away from the longer collectors pm me offers i am sick of this crap i am out of money and all i see is people getting insanly rare plates without me forget it i am done

Quote Originally Posted by tinytoonsbuster View Post
    uh goldeneyez got the x-men and global support faceplates. not hellonearth gameking..=p
    lol I'm losing my mind.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information