Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up!

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneyez9 View Post
    Well I was very fortunate as well and have obtained a Prey faceplate so I will abstain from going crazy if one appears on ebay. I of course would like an idolm@ster set, but mainly because it's a rare faceplate... not because I think it looks good or I like the game. The simpsons one I would also like, but in the meantime I am having mypainteffects make a custom simpsons with Simpsons under the CD tray and a pink glazed donut around the power button. The GTA console faceplate would be nice too (even though I think Spacey's looks better).

There are a few I'm still really looking for.
    yeah where did you get a prey from please tell. It seems like you are picking these faceplates off a tree like apples.

Also I will like to make a heads up
    ARK SECTOR XBOX 360 FACEPLATE VERY RARE!

Item number: 250235987713

Trusty Bell Dream of Chopin Faceplate
    Item number: 150235074964
    Last edited by Nato King; 04-11-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    Yay for backup plans!

Do you know what number it is?
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Well if I'm picking them off like apples... they're expensive apples. Most of my collection is just off of ebay. There have been soo many rare faceplates listed in the past month that it's been crazy. With the prey I was actually contacted from someone I bought another faceplate from on ebay. It was pure luck. I owe it largely to Moltenluv too. The seller, Molten, and I had a triangle of conversation going back and forth. To top it off it was on April 1 and I wasn't 100% sure that it wasn't an April Fools joke. Needless to say I owe Molten 1 and was extremely lucky/fortunate.

My problem now is that my 4 favorite/most valuable faceplates I am not even displaying. I need to come up with another way to show them off. I don't have enough wall space to keep putting them in shadow boxes. (Prey, X-men, global support, autographed Civilization Revolution)
    Current faceplates (Just the highlights/new additions)
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

I wish I was in a position to fight for some of those, but I'm just NOT. The job situation has to get fixed, first. I'm selling a lot of plates, but I dont' make any money off of them and they take every waking minute to do them all... and I STILL can't get caught up. I keep saying "no more orders" and I keep crumbling.

I live for the pat on the back, and nothing thrills me like making a plate that people lose their minds over. But I get less of that when I'm making more of something I've done before. I DID manage to get a couple of cool, new ones done this week. I'll be showing them off tonight, if I can make a little more headway on these others.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    I wish I was in a position to fight for some of those, but I'm just NOT. The job situation has to get fixed, first. I'm selling a lot of plates, but I dont' make any money off of them and they take every waking minute to do them all... and I STILL can't get caught up. I keep saying "no more orders" and I keep crumbling.

I live for the pat on the back, and nothing thrills me like making a plate that people lose their minds over. But I get less of that when I'm making more of something I've done before. I DID manage to get a couple of cool, new ones done this week. I'll be showing them off tonight, if I can make a little more headway on these others.
    i just read that as if you were saying it through my mind very weird also nice on ya gameking, goldeneyez i dispise you for getting those rare plates but hey alls fair is war, and spacey your voice makes you sound 25

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    Yay for backup plans!

Do you know what number it is?
    I've got a message in to the seller - supposedly he unboxed it himself so he should know. We'll see though.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

We're in a war? You say it like I stole these from you. I don't understand why you're so upset that HellOnEarth159 and I are coming in and getting a lot of rare faceplates. Do you think we're jacking up the prices or are you mad because you've been at it for awhile and we're throwing around money and creating nice collections? I'm not saying that to be mean or spiteful, but if you're really collecting these because you like faceplates, then a new collector coming in and getting some rare ones shouldn't make a difference. You have a nice collection. Don't sell it because you get frustrated. You're not upset when tacohead or gameking gets a new rare plate are you?
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

Don't worry about him. He's just stoking the coals.

Civilization Revolution up for sale on ebay

Civilization Faceplate

A Dark Sector from the same person

Dark Sector
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

thanks I might go for the dark sector.

Banned

We're in a war? You say it like I stole these from you. I don't understand why you're so upset that HellOnEarth159 and I are coming in and getting a lot of rare faceplates. Do you think we're jacking up the prices or are you mad because you've been at it for awhile and we're throwing around money and creating nice collections? I'm not saying that to be mean or spiteful, but if you're really collecting these because you like faceplates, then a new collector coming in and getting some rare ones shouldn't make a difference. You have a nice collection. Don't sell it because you get frustrated. You're not upset when tacohead or gameking gets a new rare plate are you?
    okay its not that i hate you or anything its just that originally when i came here last year there were only like 10 collectors and now there are 25+ and its hard to buy plates when they have much larger budgets and such i know its not your fault but its like competition and the bigger wallet always wins expecially when they dont know the real price of the plate and so it goes for 50-100+ more so its just really hard to collect when you guys go into 500s when i can only go into the 200s and the plate is only worth 300. Its mainly hard and annoying to even use ebay anymore so thats why i use private collectors and sellers to get my plates

Private collectors and sellers are the way to go if you know any. I've gotten a lot of my plates off of ebay, but I'm not a big fan of it. Occassionally you run into a bad apple and they really ruin your experience. This website really is the best way to get started. You can contact a few very talented artists to make custom faceplates and a lot of people on here have duplicates or have experience and know places to get the plates.
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

Banned

Private collectors and sellers are the way to go if you know any. I've gotten a lot of my plates off of ebay, but I'm not a big fan of it. Occassionally you run into a bad apple and they really ruin your experience. This website really is the best way to get started. You can contact a few very talented artists to make custom faceplates and a lot of people on here have duplicates or have experience and know places to get the plates.
    um are you advertising for the site or are addressing a point because we all already know it

Team Xbox - in case

Team Xbox
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    okay its not that i hate you or anything its just that originally when i came here last year there were only like 10 collectors and now there are 25+ and its hard to buy plates when they have much larger budgets and such i know its not your fault but its like competition and the bigger wallet always wins expecially when they dont know the real price of the plate and so it goes for 50-100+ more so its just really hard to collect when you guys go into 500s when i can only go into the 200s and the plate is only worth 300. Its mainly hard and annoying to even use ebay anymore so thats why i use private collectors and sellers to get my plates
    You realize that the whole goal is to bring more collectors together. Hopefully, there will be five hundred collectors in here at some point. That's bad for you in a lot of ways, but these are the people with the cool stucc and you'll be netrowking with them directing instead of getting chummed with the rest of the fish through eBay. So there's pros and cons, but making MORE people collectors can't be a bad thing for the hobby. Who wants to be a collector of some THING if you're the only one doing it?

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Well if I'm picking them off like apples... they're expensive apples. Most of my collection is just off of ebay. There have been soo many rare faceplates listed in the past month that it's been crazy. With the prey I was actually contacted from someone I bought another faceplate from on ebay. It was pure luck. I owe it largely to Moltenluv too. The seller, Molten, and I had a triangle of conversation going back and forth. To top it off it was on April 1 and I wasn't 100% sure that it wasn't an April Fools joke. Needless to say I owe Molten 1 and was extremely lucky/fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    how the **** you get a prey **** this i quit i mean its only money now any1 can decide to collect and take all the rare plates away from the longer collectors pm me offers i am sick of this crap i am out of money and all i see is people getting insanly rare plates without me forget it i am done

*gasp* Oh no this is what made Jak stop collecting? Awww Jak it will be ok. Once I realized I was up against goldeneyez for the Prey plate I had a brief melt down and sent him some ridiculous message about how if he steals it from me I will quit collecting. After I did that I realized I was being a schmuck. My irrational over-reacting over-emotional female side came out for a brief moment. I quickly sent another message saying disregard that and may the person with the bigger wallet win. Don't quit just because of this Jak! Repeatedly losing to big money does suck and is very frustrating but eventually big money will have nothing left to buy and us little guys can sneak back in. Look at me. I am medium money and have been collecting for almost a year now and there are a bunch of faceplates that I am lacking. There are several I have gone after every time they pop up on eBay and everytime I lose. Losing the X-men faceplate was devistating and then to turn around and lose the Prey too and to the same person! Just turn that knife in my heart a little more to the right please. Who will I play tag with now? Jak don't go!!!!!!!!! You just gotta put yourself out there. Don't be afraid to message eBay sellers. Quite a few of them have connections and if you are nice to them they are more than willing to go the extra mile for you. That is how I got all 3 MS Experience faceplates. That is how I found somebody with the pull to get a Prey faceplate. Did you really sell your collection? Jak say it isn't so! You didn't even offer to sell me any

Oh and goldeneyez yes you do owe me but do not worry I now also have one in my collection too

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    *gasp* Oh no this is what made Jak stop collecting? Awww Jak it will be ok. Once I realized I was up against goldeneyez for the Prey plate I had a brief melt down and sent him some ridiculous message about how if he steals it from me I will quit collecting. After I did that I realized I was being a schmuck. My irrational over-reacting over-emotional female side came out for a brief moment. I quickly sent another message saying disregard that and may the person with the bigger wallet win. Don't quit just because of this Jak! Repeatedly losing to big money does suck and is very frustrating but eventually big money will have nothing left to buy and us little guys can sneak back in. Look at me. I am medium money and have been collecting for almost a year now and there are a bunch of faceplates that I am lacking. There are several I have gone after every time they pop up on eBay and everytime I lose. Losing the X-men faceplate was devistating and then to turn around and lose the Prey too and to the same person! Just turn that knife in my heart a little more to the right please. Who will I play tag with now? Jak don't go!!!!!!!!! You just gotta put yourself out there. Don't be afraid to message eBay sellers. Quite a few of them have connections and if you are nice to them they are more than willing to go the extra mile for you. That is how I got all 3 MS Experience faceplates. That is how I found somebody with the pull to get a Prey faceplate. Did you really sell your collection? Jak say it isn't so! You didn't even offer to sell me any

Oh and goldeneyez yes you do owe me but do not worry I now also have one in my collection too
    That's great that you got a Prey too! I don't feel quite so bad now. Any other new additions to your collection?
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

That's great that you got a Prey too! I don't feel quite so bad now. Any other new additions to your collection?
    Nothing too exciting. I am still waiting for one more to come in then I will update my pics. I have been saying that for a while now. I feel like I am always waiting for one more to come in

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    I feel like I am always waiting for one more to come in
    I know the feeling I have another two more faceplates on the way and should be buying another two this weekend. I need to start getting faceplates off my wish list.

Ok make that 3 more to come in. I just won two. OMG I can't believe I just won them. I never in a million years thought that I would win one let alone both! I bid expecting to see sorry you have been outbid not congratulations you have won. Lordy lordy the world is full of suprises!

Thread Information