Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Xbox Faceplates

Default Team Xbox Faceplates

Where do you get them? I've searched the forums and website and found nothing.
    Any help is nice
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Banned

i got mine from Ghost_rider but i think they were available at E3 or something not sure. These are rarely on ebay so good luck

Yeah me and Silent looked on ebay, nothing
    Pot is a plant,
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.

I think there's a problem with them selling them. They made the plates about the time they were bought by IGN and I think there's a problem with who has permission to profit from the name. I think Shockwave owns the plates but no longer owns the site, so he can't sell the plates. I don't think they made very many, but my understanding is that you have to make a bunch at a time because they won't MAKE a few at a time.

In other words, I have no idea how many there are, you can't "buy" them anywhere, and I don't know how one would go about getting one. Shock gave mine to me, and Dan from OXM gave me one that I passed along to a friend. Dan has no more of them to give away (I asked). And Shockwave isn't talking.

That means don't ask him. I do NOT want to find out a bunch of people from a forum that one of his top posters mutinied to start are hounding him for faceplates. He won't part with any so there's no point causing a political incident. Gracias.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thanks for the info Ed, I wont ask Shockwave, I probally whouldnt if he cant sell them anyway, so maybe I will email IGN and see whats going on.
    Pot is a plant,
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.

there is one for sale on ebay item # 320226639105

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UNV Superkid View Post
    there is one for sale on ebay item # 320226639105
    That faceplate is going for alot of money.

Yeah, I saw it, I aint paying freaking 500 buck for it. lol.
    Pot is a plant,
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.

I would be VERY interested in knowing if someone actually comes through with that money or if someone is just jerking someone else's chain.

It looks like one bidder topped out at $450, another came in at $500, and the first bidder bid over that, and then increased his bid over that, too. Plus someone dropped out around $200.

*****, for $500, I'd consider selling mine. That's a car payment, after all.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    I would be VERY interested in knowing if someone actually comes through with that money or if someone is just jerking someone else's chain.

It looks like one bidder topped out at $450, another came in at $500, and the first bidder bid over that, and then increased his bid over that, too. Plus someone dropped out around $200.

*****, for $500, I'd consider selling mine. That's a car payment, after all.
    i know me too but my reserve would have to be at $450, hey anyone know if when the bidding is over for an item if you can see all of the peple who bidded on it even if their was bidders privacy???
    Last edited by JakofallAces; 03-10-2008 at 03:30 PM.

that is a plate on my wish list but there is no way i am forking over that kinda cash, i would rather buy a PS3 (sorry I still play the sony systems) or another 360 for the bedroom..

Banned

that is a plate on my wish list but there is no way i am forking over that kinda cash, i would rather buy a PS3 (sorry I still play the sony systems) or another 360 for the bedroom..
    hell i know it but to make that much cash would be awesome hey spacey do you have to pay a monthly fee for an ebayers sellers account

you only pay for a monthly subscription if you have a eBay shop, so space would have to pay a monthly fee, if you just want to be a private seller ( no shop) you just pay the insertion fee.

Hope this Helps

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elite-Concepts View Post
    you only pay for a monthly subscription if you have a eBay shop, so space would have to pay a monthly fee, if you just want to be a private seller ( no shop) you just pay the insertion fee.

Hope this Helps
    thanks cause i have an offer now outside of ebay and want to wiegh my chances of a good deal

the price on the plate on ebay dropped from 500 back down to about 200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=011

somebody probably put their highest bid at like 500 thinking none would go that high so they would be sure to get it and then realized it didn't and they couldn't pay that..lol
    Last edited by UNV Superkid; 03-11-2008 at 08:25 AM.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

the price on the plate on ebay dropped from 500 back down to about 200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=011

somebody probably put their highest bid at like 500 thinking none would go that high so they would be sure to get it and then realized it didn't and they couldn't pay that..lol
    yeah you could be right Because it's the same person selling it.

How can you tell it's same person selling it as the person who retracted the bid? Wouldn't that be unethical? I can't imagine anybody buying from the selling if they knew he/she was doing that.
    Current faceplates (Just the highlights/new additions)
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneyez9 View Post
    How can you tell it's same person selling it as the person who retracted the bid? Wouldn't that be unethical? I can't imagine anybody buying from the selling if they knew he/she was doing that.
    It's called shill bidding and it happens a lot on eBay (probably even more now since user IDs are private on ALL auctions).
    Basically a seller has a friend or acquaintance or whatever place an obscenely high bid to determine what the next highest bidder's maximum bid is. Then they retract the bid, and the seller knows how much the *current* high bidder is willing to pay.
    It gets complicated from there because the seller then has to have a third party come in (at least if he doesn't want to make it obvious) and bid just under the other guy so the seller gets top dollar.
    It's easy to spot - or at least it used to be before eBay went and changed things up. I've pulled out of auctions because of stuff like that before.

This one is interesting to watch though... There are only 2 bidders and 20 bids amongst them. They got into a bidding war early.
    I think it was actually the original bidder "e***e" that had a friend shill bid to figure out how high "c***c" went.
    "E" put in an original bid that was beaten (severely) 20 minutes later. He then upped his bid 7 times - stopping at $199.99. Since "C's" only bid at that point was $200.00, eBay would be showing the current bid as that exact number, instead of the $2 or $5 (I can't remember off the top of my head) increment bid it should have gone up by. "E" is an experienced eBayer (lots of feedback) and would've seen this and (presumably) put in a bid just over it so he could be top dog again - but he stopped. Someone who just placed 7 bids in a matter of 2 minutes doesn't just stop when they figure out what their opponent's max bid is.
    Then "C" went and upped his bid... 11 times and counting.
    Then the shill bidder came in and exposed "C's" maximum bid to anyone who may have stopped by in the 11 hours his bid was live. To his credit, "C" hasn't placed a bid since then.
    Honestly, it could be a friend of the seller, or it could be a friend of this "E" character, but this auction smells. Bidding wars are ugly for buyers (awesome for sellers though) and this one started off early. I'd avoid this one like the plague.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Well now it is back to $1.99. We'll see if it goes back up.
    Current faceplates (Just the highlights/new additions)
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

Dude, that auction is f*cked. "C" did what I would've done and got his @$$ out of there.
    Kind of makes me mad too - I spent a lot of time analyzing the way those two were bidding for my post above and now it's all ruined!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Thread Information