Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preordering a game

Default Preordering a game

Ok I want an unreal tournament 3 faceplate like really bad, but I dont want the game, if I just preorder the game, from gamestop.com will i get the plate? Also what if i pre order it, and then I go pick it up, and then return the game and get my money back, will they ask for the plate?

Hawk

You might be able to sweet talk an employee into a plate, but unclaimed plates (and sometimes CLAIMED ones) usualy go home with the employees.

If you buy the game, get the plate, and return the game, you'll get the evil eye but they won't ask for the game back. What would be better for you to do is buy the game, and sell it on eBay, rather than dock the store for doing the offer. The last thing you want is for them to say screw it, and stop doing it.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    You might be able to sweet talk an employee into a plate, but unclaimed plates (and sometimes CLAIMED ones) usualy go home with the employees.

If you buy the game, get the plate, and return the game, you'll get the evil eye but they won't ask for the game back (Face plate). What would be better for you to do is buy the game, and sell it on eBay, rather than dock the store for doing the offer. The last thing you want is for them to say screw it, and stop doing it.
    sorry space, just don't want to confuse anyone so i added that little edit up there.

Banned

hawk fyi if you dont preorder a game that will have a faceplate then the chances of you getting the late are slim to none just like with any other bonus items that come with games, also if you preorder a game that comes with a bonus faceplate the chances of you getting that plate when you preorder it are slim to none you usually always get the bonus item when you go to pick up the game so its really hard to ripoff the game store

If you preorder online... especially when they are running a free shipping promotion... you don't need to worry about not getting the preorder because an employee took it. You also then could return it to a store. However, Unreal Tournament III is such a good game. Why do you want to return it?
    Current faceplates (Just the highlights/new additions)
    Prey
    Korean Launch
    Massive
    Simpsons Custom
    Simpsons Movie Console

Wish list:
    1. DICE
    2. Moto GP
    3. X05 Canada Maple Tile
    4. X06 Canada
    5. Sweden Launch

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

Yeah for games that come with pre-order bonuses I ALWAYS pre-order online. There have been too many times when either the store didn't get enough or any of the bonus items in. Also I know that a lot of times employees get first dibs on such items (I worked at an EB) instead of giving them to the customers. That sounds really evil and horrible but its true. That is how I got my Outfit faceplate But just because your pre-order it online doesn't necessarily mean you get the bonus item either. There have been a few that I didn't get it because "we only receive a limited number of these items and they are issued on a first come first serve basis" as I was so nicely told by customer service. So about 90% of the time you get the item if you pre-order online but I would say only about 40% (maybe even less) you get the item if you do it instore. A few times I pre-ordered a game I didn't want online just for the bonus item and then took it to the store and sweet talked the clerk into letting me exchange it for something else. I guess it helps that I am a girl and I have boobs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    Yeah for games that come with pre-order bonuses I ALWAYS pre-order online. There have been too many times when either the store didn't get enough or any of the bonus items in. Also I know that a lot of times employees get first dibs on such items (I worked at an EB) instead of giving them to the customers. That sounds really evil and horrible but its true. That is how I got my Outfit faceplate But just because your pre-order it online doesn't necessarily mean you get the bonus item either. There have been a few that I didn't get it because "we only receive a limited number of these items and they are issued on a first come first serve basis" as I was so nicely told by customer service. So about 90% of the time you get the item if you pre-order online but I would say only about 40% (maybe even less) you get the item if you do it instore. A few times I pre-ordered a game I didn't want online just for the bonus item and then took it to the store and sweet talked the clerk into letting me exchange it for something else. I guess it helps that I am a girl and I have boobs
    LUCKY
    Last edited by JakofallAces; 03-17-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moltenluv View Post
    TTIUWOP.

(This thread is useless without pics.)

Banned

TTIUWOP.

(This thread is useless without pics.)
    AMEN TO DAT

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    AMEN TO DAT
    You can't see boob pics. You're underage. She'd be breaking the law.

Now I, on the other hand.... I... have a PM box.

+ rep for that one!

EDIT: Nvm, I cant +Rep anyway
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Banned

User CP>EDIT PROFILE> DATE OF BIRTH> March 3 1989 commence with what u were saying u have no legal document saying i am underage

Second!

As for the actual topic - I'm close with the employees of my local gamestop. I usually get pre-order bonuses without having to pre-order the games they go to. They know I collect faceplates specificly so I'm hooked up in that department.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    Second!

As for the actual topic - I'm close with the employees of my local gamestop. I usually get pre-order bonuses without having to pre-order the games they go to. They know I collect faceplates specificly so I'm hooked up in that department.
    I tried to get myself an inside man with my local gamestop - finally found one worth hitting on and it turned out to be his last day. lol there went my chances of extra discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    I tried to get myself an inside man with my local gamestop - finally found one worth hitting on and it turned out to be his last day. lol there went my chances of extra discounts.
    lol That's a bummer. But you've got an inside man within the customizing community - one of the best in fact. I think you're in a better position than all of us!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Banned

lol That's a bummer. But you've got an inside man within the customizing community - one of the best in fact. I think you're in a better position than all of us!
    ya lucky....gameking u know too hehehhehehe

Yup! But do I have a customized face plate? Nooo..........

Anyhow, I the only game I have ever preordered was the Simpsons game at gamestop and I didnt have any problems, but i don't think it is a very high-in-demand game. I like the little fat homer doll thingy though.

(It was the same guy. )

You DO have a customized controller though, and I threw in a cheesecake. NOBODY else got cheesecake.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    (It was the same guy. )

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatamariKutie View Post
    You DO have a customized controller though, and I threw in a cheesecake. NOBODY else got cheesecake.

no that is funny

(It was the same guy. )

Yes, it was the same guy. I only wanted the game store discount though. I didn't even know what a faceplate was until I met him. LOL

Thread Information