Thread: GGrrr......I hate screw-ups!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default GGrrr......I hate screw-ups!

So anyone else on here try and make a plate,and no matter WHAT you do,it just keeps having problems no matter what you do?Well,I'm currently having tons of problems with two distinct plates that I've had ideas for for a long time,but the Tiki Gods that I worship do not wish it so!

So,lets call this post the screw-up thread(or falldowndrunk screw-ups,if no one else posts)!Lets post pics of mid to near complete plates that you are working on,and something just isn't right,or there's something missing.I'm gonna go grab my camera,and take a pic of a plate I have ALWAYS wanted,and,even though Spacey somehow stole my idea years before I even knew he existed(your scary!),I'll post it here.Expect an edit in a few moments with the pic!(My ADD caused me type this message before any prep work has been done.That's because I'm awesome and rarely make sense.)

Okay,I'm back.Took abit longer to come back because I wanted a root beer float.Nummy. Anyway,here the first pic.All of these pics will look kinda funny cause I sharpened em way up to really show the flaws.

So heres the plate I was working on.Simple plate,originally I wanted it in blue as a throwback to Cobra Commander,but,after painting it blue,it looked like crap.So,even though it pained me to do so,I used black so everyone can say I ripped off Spacey.Meh.Only real difference is that I used a dark crimson instead of brick red.But,I do believe cause my paint sucks,it STILL came out looking crappy.Boo.

Still soldiering on(heh,G.I. Joe,soldiering,I made a funny!) I went ahead and clear coated it.Some small mistakes can be covered up that way,and I took a chance.It worked,kinda.But,as you can see from the sharpening of the pic,the clear coat left little "ripples" along the edge of the plate.It looks like a friggin shark.That would be awesome,but its a G.I. Joe Plate,not a shark plate.MEH!

Last but not least,the biggest crap spot on the plate,the "Pooling".I don't have ANY idea how this happened,cause I BARELY put that much clear coat on,and sprayed far enough away that this shouldn't have happened.But,as I said before,I must've pi**ed off the Tiki Gods cause they do NOT want this plate looking nice.I need some sandpaper,and I'll sand down those areas and redo them black to see if that helps,then post the results here.

So, anyone else have anything to share?I'm sure I'll keep adding to this post,kinda like a "Bloopers" reel for everyone.Or you can pretend your reading a script from Home Improvement,and I'll play the part of Tim,and Spaceghost can be Al.That works for me.
    Last edited by falldowndrunk; 06-06-2008 at 03:04 AM. Reason: had to get a root beer float

Your awesomeness is almost too much for this one thread to handle.

I have a whole box of fubar faceplates. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Yeah seems as though the Tiki Gods aren't helping yu much at all... I'm sure soon I'll have some diaster pics to share w/ you so I'm sure you aren't the only one falldown, don't worry. Practice makes perfect I guess they say.

Actually,that was kind of my point of this post.Just to show newbs to painting in general that EVERYONE has bad experiences,rookie to veteran alike.I have tons of experience painting miniatures and such,but its a whole nother ballgame when painting on a flat(concave),smooth surface.Dry brushing isn't helping me here at all durnit!!

Plus,disasterpieces are just funny.Maybe not when your in the middle of painting them,but after.Just figured I'd share one of my current frustrations,and hope people do the same.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN MAN!!!!

Man I need to go to bed....

Nate

I'm getting ready to do some this weekend, so if any go bad, you'll see them here Monday.

I'm guessing by the lack of follow ups you guys did real good on ur plates,huh?

Thats alright,I'm working on a big project(big for me anyway),that I'm almost positive will be screwed up here soon.Should be fun!

Thread Information