Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fever 2003!!!

Default NFL Fever 2003!!!

Check it out here at xboxaddict. They just announced it. I think that's great for the xbox that a quality football game like that will be added to and brought again to the xbox.

And with online play!!!!!!!!!!
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Hey Mercury, you do realize that Nfl Fever was made by Microsoft right? It's like Gameday for Sony. 989 is owned by Sony. So you know that every year Gameday will be coming to PS2.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Well duh! Of course I do. But you never know what they might decide. It's just nice to know that they aren't throwing in the towel on Fever.
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

I know I'm looking forward to it.

Fever was the worst game ever.

Ill pass on this one.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

fever 2003 having online play is big...if madden 2003 doesnt have that option than i might be changing my forum name...

I would love to get you guys online for some football tournaments...

I think fever was wayyyyy over hyped.I thought madden and nfl 2k2 had better graphics.In fever,the guys ran like they were constipated and all looked like gorillas in the face.None of them looked like themselves in real life.Take a look at NFL 2k2.Now that's what a game should look like.And madden is quite awesome to.I can't wait for madden or 2k2 and well fever.......hmmmmmmm..... IT JUST BLOWS!!!!

Originally posted by xboxer2002
    I think fever was wayyyyy over hyped.I thought madden and nfl 2k2 had better graphics.In fever,the guys ran like they were constipated and all looked like gorillas in the face.None of them looked like themselves in real life.Take a look at NFL 2k2.Now that's what a game should look like.And madden is quite awesome to.I can't wait for madden or 2k2 and well fever.......hmmmmmmm..... IT JUST BLOWS!!!!
    You da man xboxer2002!

I hate fever with a passion and i think anyone who actually enjoys this game is a tool. Its got the gameplay of Pong and the animations are crap. (watch out for that one tackle animation!) The sound of the hits is weak as hell. If you enjoy yourself while you play fever maybe you really dont get football.

I could go on about this pathetic football game but id be here all day. Bottom line, Fever is for people that "think" they understand football. (thats why they dont see all the gameplay flaws)
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-08-2002 at 10:39 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Default 2nd Time Around

Some people fail to realize that this was MS first attempt at a console Football tile. I think they did a great job and you if stop and think about it you might just agree. Football titles get better with age and feedback from the consumer. (except 989 sports) I think this game has promise or at least it will make Madden work on there collision engine, because the tackles suck in Madden and for that matter Sega has it's collision problems to. To me you can't have to many football titles out there. I liked all three for different reasons, but the first one to incorporate all the best features from all the football games out there will be The Gridiron King.
    Canes are back!
    Spurrier Resigned because U of M
    is back on Gators schedule!!!!
    Maybe Bowden should follow!!!
    WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: 2nd Time Around

Originally posted by canes56
    Madden work on there collision engine, because the tackles suck in Madden and for that matter Sega has it's collision problems to.

WTF are you oN bOY?

The collision engine is sweet in madden. Tackles feel solid and realistic.

Oh, and welcome to the boards
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-08-2002 at 10:56 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Off Topic for a quick second,,,,

A fellow canes fan in the forums! Woohoo its about time! Welcome canes56!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    Off Topic for a quick second,,,,

A fellow canes fan in the forums! Woohoo its about time! Welcome canes56!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SLC Utah?????? CANE??? WHAT??

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Next time you are playing Madden run an instant replay. The guy falls before he is even touched! I was born and raised in Miami and went to U of M. I have traded sun and fun for a little snowboarding and Rock climbing, but I will be back to my Home land in a few years JJAX.
    Canes are back!
    WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

AlBoogey,

Good to see a fellow Canes Fan Also!!!
    Canes are back!
    WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Hope you make it back in time for our home game against the Gators in 2 years. We will kick some ass and chew bubble gum.

Originally posted by canes56
    Next time you are playing Madden run an instant replay. The guy falls before he is even touched! I was born and raised in Miami and went to U of M. I have traded sun and fun for a little snowboarding and Rock climbing, but I will be back to my Home land in a few years JJAX.
    Do you notice it during actual gameplay? NO

Who gives 2 s4its about super slow motion hit detection crap. PLay the dam game.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

JJax you like madden or 2k series better?

Originally posted by JJaX

Do you notice it during actual gameplay? NO

Who gives 2 s4its about super slow motion hit detection crap. PLay the dam game.

You are right about that, but when you are playing and friends and family want to see what the hit looked like in slow mo and you find yourself explaining if console and games have come so far why is that replay look so fake, then I think just maybe they might have a point. If you read my first post correctly you would have noticed I said "I liked all three games"
    Canes are back!
    WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

I said It once and I'll say It again.Madden and NFL 2K2 are by far superior to fever.Madden's collision detection is the bomb.And NFL 2K2's collision detection is just as great.And ya, that fever animation tackle,You would think that the field was on fire,STOP DROP AND ROLL.Madden and 2K2 just feel like real football to me.Also look at the faces in fever.They all look like they have dracula teeth.

Madden 2002 all the Way man.

I plays like real football. You can actually see plays develop and every Defensive postion can be played how its supposed to be played. The run game is amazing and passing requires skillz.

-=Madden 4 LiFe=-

The 2k games by sega are ok. But theres little things taht annoy me. For example the Spin just voids a tackle (defense men just dives into him with no effect). But in madden a spin done right will avoid the tackle like in a real game.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information