View Poll Results: Do you think a channel like this would work in Japan?

Voters
2. This poll is closed
  • Yes, It might help speed things along

2 100.00%
  • No, I don't think it would matter

0 0%
  • Xbox doesn't need any help, It will sell itself

0 0%
  • I don't care if Xbox does well in other markets

0 0%

Thread: xbox tv channel in Europe

Default xbox tv channel in Europe

Microsoft Xbox TV Channel Launches in Europe 3/13/2002, by Elizabeth
    Microsoft are not messing about when it comes to the launch of Xbox in Europe. Modern Times Group has announced its innovative new co-operative project with Microsoft today. Microsoft is starting a new commercial channel to launch its game console Xbox in Europe using Viasat’s digital-TV platform.

The channel will transmit 8 hours a day, between 3 p.m. and midnight, with demo versions of games available for Xbox. There will also be information about the Xbox itself. In connection with the launch, Microsoft in Denmark will use the entire selection of new media from Viasat Broadcasting, the business area within MTG where all TV channels and new media are to be found. Microsoft will be using so called pop-ups in television programs to inform subscribers of digital-TV of the new channel as well as mobile telephone services, teletext and the Internet.

Microsoft will deliver the entire content to the TV channel and other services. The TV channel will begin to operate on Thursday, 14 March, the same day Microsoft begins its major marketing campaign across all of Europe. The Xbox channel will televise for four weeks during Microsoft’s mass launching of the game console.

Viasat had a total of 550,000 digital-TV subscribers throughout the Nordic countries at the turn of the year. The Xbox channel will be available to everyone in Denmark who has Viasat’s digital-TV box. Showings on the Xbox channel will be included in Viasat’s digitial-TV guide next to Viasat’s own channels in Denmark, TV3, 3+, Viasat Sport, TV1000 and TV1000 Cinema.-quote from xbox365

Cool! I wish I had that channel available to me in the States. I hope they make the content available for download.

Whoa dogs that potentially rocks!

I hope to catch some clips of that bad-boy... Wouldn't it be wierd if Microsoft brought back the idea the Sega started a long time ago... The Genesis channel... download games, pay a cheap monthly rate... YEAH!! THE RETRO OF VIDEO GAMES IS COMING BACK! WOOOO HOOO

Whoa... excuse me. I need to take a break.
    Of course that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

Thread Information