Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox CPU weak?

Default Xbox CPU weak?

I have a lot of friendly arguements with people about console wars. They say that the Xbox's CPU is weaker than the GameCube's even though it is 700 something to 400 something. How is this possible? Everyone knows the Xbox is more powerful, but..anyway, please give me something to shut them up! lol
    :: Andy182

Xboxmaster2001

ummmm ok gamecube sux

hey guys we gota stop makin fun of gamecube. though it is kiddie it is better then ps2. i hate ps2 cause my bros friends are saying how great it is. when i showed them a screen of halo they said it was "touched up". down with ps2!!!
    i am an artist.

Hidden Content

hey bro, this is a xbox page, we make fun of everything but xbox.

it all about the GPU and xbox has the better one.

You got that rite,
    Check out this GC & XBOX System Analisis:
    http://www.segatech.com/technical/c...pare/index.html

X B O X Has it HANDS DOWN!!!!!!
    Last edited by DOOM; 08-31-2001 at 12:44 PM.
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

ok... what is the gc gpu specs? IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT THE GPU SPECS R!!!!!!! xbox is all that matters! lol i am happy with the way the xbox looks and who cares if the gc COULD make better graphics, it WONT! they will make everythign look cartoon instead of real... so really the xbox beats it hands down

Starving College Student

first of all.....no, not all the games are cartoony, although some are (Luigi's Mansion, Mario, Zelda), yet a cartoony game can still be impressive. Luigi's Mansion is a prime example of how a cartoony game can looks stunning with lots of lighting effects and stuff. Even toon shading such as in Zelda or Jet Set Radio can be nice looking.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Well yes gamecube have a custom chip but their engineers must be crap if they had the chance to make a amazing chip but no they blew it and so we move to xbox it has a nividia thing and it is a well known name in the market and it beats the gc chip hands down.
    XBOX RULZ
    GAMECUBE SUX
    NUFF SAID

Koopa, im not saying that cel shading isnt good for some games, but you HAVE to admit that Zelda isnt the game for that graphical method, miyamoto swift kicked himself in the ass on that move.

Starving College Student

I'll admit that his decision was very unpopular, and I'm shocked and kinda ticked off at him, so yeah you're partly right. This is turning out to be the final straw for a lot of older gamers, so as of NOW, it could be classified as a "bad decision" I personally would have laughed a month ago at anyone who said Zelda should be cel shaded...but Miyamoto knows the business better than any of us do, and I'll show my respect for him and his work by not bashing Zelda till I see more in depth previews and reviews, and I get to try it myself.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

see koopa how easy it is to admit that Nintendo is losing its grip?

Xboxmaster2001

grip on what they never really had a grip nintendo sux

Starving College Student

Originally posted by Xboxmaster2001
    grip on what they never really had a grip nintendo sux
    ummm....have you ever heard of two little machines called NES and SNES? I guess not, because if you did you'd also know they in fact DID have a large grip of the console market. You're allowed to dislike a company, but you can't ignore facts.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

koopas right... but i only really consider NES as their one sole successful console... NES kicked major ass

I have a lot of friendly arguements with people about console wars. They say that the Xbox's CPU is weaker than the GameCube's even though it is 700 something to 400 something. How is this possible? Everyone knows the Xbox is more powerful, but..anyway, please give me something to shut them up! lol
    the xbox's cpu is a modified p3 how much modified? we don't know so any arguement is pretty much crap. the cpu in gc is a power pc like a macintosh so the 400 is alot closer to the 700 in xbox than the numbers lead you to believe but the xbox is designed to be less cpu intensive so it doesn't need as powerful of a cpu, so the xbox still wins in this dept. but not by that much
    Eric "EIGamerzX" Irvine
    the important thing is i didn't get my kmuffins and i never will
    Hidden Content

Xboxmaster2001

i agree with nes as a good system and snes was ok my bro posted that grip thing i told him to get his own username maybe he'll listen i hate when he uses my usernames just wanted to clear that up..

why didnt they make link older in the new zelda game im sick of him wearing dipers and the new marion game lets run around with a piece of **** on my back and dodge the giant onions.Plz i hav a NES a SNES a gameboy and a 64 they were good yes (except 64) but stop livn in the past that was then this is now. Now is X-Box! Gamecube favours first party games to much and that will kill them. And sure Gamecube will have sum good games every system does but im tires of watching marion and all the other queers onscreen i want to see some Normandy beach action wooo (MOHAA)
    Max Payne IS DA BOMB YO

Starving College Student

I can reasonably assume that saying all you do in the new mario is "run around with a piece of **** on your back" could be compared to the statement "all you do in HALO is shoot people." The game's creator specifically stated that there purposefully was not alot of gameplay-related information shown to keep it secret (which is a bad idea, IMO....but thats another topic)
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

NES and SNES?

You need to stop living in the past, little one.

Thread Information