Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
Can't think of anything else. You sure they were on the same gamertag/account? Not sure why some wouldn't show.
Unfortunately I am 100% sure, same gamertag, never had any others. I did a chat with Xbox support again yesterday, they asked a bunch of questions, and then since I wasn't home with my xbox they said they would email troubleshooting steps. Annoying, the first part was completely just a duplication, I told them on the call I had just deleted gamer profile and redownloaded it with no change, but step one was to do this again. So I won't be doing that again. They then said if that didn't work, to try "refreshing operating system and getting rid of any file corruption that might be interfering" by erasing profiles and resetting to factory default, choosing the option to not delete games or apps. I am skeptical because this has been since day 1, and I can't imagine there was corrupt files right out of the box. I may just give up. Afterall, if I try this and it doesn't work, I am getting the feeling they are not just going to issue me a credit or authorize a free download. So in the end, I may just have to re-purchase anyway if I want them back. Its annoying.