Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eler Scrolls III: Morrowind Pre-launch Thread...

Arrow Eler Scrolls III: Morrowind Pre-launch Thread...

First of all, I created this thread, for people to share their ideas on Morrowind, post their questions, screenshots, etc.

If you haven't downloaded the Official Morrowind Trailer, then I recommend strongly on doing so. The trailer is really cool, and the more times I watch it, the more I want to get Morrowind.

I have a few questions on Morrowind. Is the game (Xbox version) only in first-person perspective (sort of like Halo) or will it be in third-person perspective (like Azurik, Shenmue II, etc.)? I hope it will be in third-person perspective, because an RPG game in first-person looks sort of stupid, in my opinion. Another question I have is, what is the game exactly about, for example who is the 'bad guy' in the game?

Anyways, I can't wait until Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind comes out, especially since so many gaming web sites and magazines have complimented it so much. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (the Xbox version) should be released end of May 2002.

i believe that you can play morrowind from either the 1st or 3rd person perspective. i think they went with that option because of the real-time battle format. i haven't anticipated a game like this since i was waiting for link after the first zelda game (remember how many hours we all put into zelda?). i think that project ego holds even more promise, but morrowind will be the benchmark from now on, not ff.
    Hidden Content
    props (not propellers) to thecovenant for the sig

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I think Morrowind and FF are too different experiences to compare.

Well as with all "bad guys" it is a frame of reference issue. But you can choose for your character to be good or bad and the NPC in the game will respond accordingly to you.

I reccomend everybody read this fan FAQ, it is mega pimp.

The game can be first or third person view. Defualts are pc: 1st, xbox: 3rd.

The offical faq has stated that may is when both versions will be released.

http://morrowind.ttlg.com/mwfaq.shtml

Smile

I think that Morrowmind will easily become one of the greatest RPGs ever!

I have read a lot about the game - and it sounds incredible!

The abilty for both 1st and 3rd person views will make this RPG pleasing to almost everyone.

I read that - ha ha - Morrowmind has more types of mushrooms then most RPGs have weapons...

I am going to buy it the day it hits the shelves at work!!!!

Default Re: Eler Scrolls III: Morrowind Pre-launch Thread...

Originally posted by xboxgamer142

Anyways, I can't wait until Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind comes out, especially since so many gaming web sites and magazines have complimented it so much. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (the Xbox version) should be released end of May 2002.
    I can't wait either. I preordered it last night from EBGames (only 39.99 in case you guys want to do the same), but it said that it will ship the end of this month. I am confused about all the conflicts on ship dates. The last interview I read with someone on the Morrowind team said May and that they won't elaborate any more than sometime in May, but then EB said this month, so can anyone tell me what the real deal is?
    Here's how bad I suck

Don't get a free IPOD - Hidden Content

old sig Made by professor_frink he is the sig man!
    http://hosting.reversedreality.com/user_images/jschelm/sig.jpg

best we have is may. You can't trust ebgames or any other retailer.

It it possible that it will be released in April, but I predict that we will have to wait till late may-early june . I preordered the game from EB games as well and I really hope thier release date is correct. I would love to have the game on the 29th
    The Good the Bad and The Ugly: Games I own

The Good: Halo, Munch's oddesey, Project Gotham, NHL 2002, Tony Hawk PS2X, Genma Onimusha, NFL Fever 2002.

The Bad: New Legends, Raw.

The Ugly; Night Caster, Obi Wan

I pre-ordered it, too, but before the promo started at eb- oh well, I bought the strategy guide with it from morrowind.com. I sure hope that it comes out this month, the wait is getting to me. Between this and Project Ego, I think I'm going to lose my mind drowning in anticipation.
    Hidden Content This is a preliminary sig with a lot of work left. If you have any suggestions for Xavier, send me a message.

10k.

I didnt pre-order or anything, i really want to buy it though. I like where you can explore so much, and make your own guy.

i never played any morrowwind games but i read this game has alot to do with mixing potions and planting things for ingredience. . .someone said somthing about more muchrooms then most RPG have wepons

can someone explain or expand on this
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
    i never played any morrowwind games but i read this game has alot to do with mixing potions and planting things for ingredience. . .someone said somthing about more muchrooms then most RPG have wepons

can someone explain or expand on this
    From what I have been reading (which is quite a bit) the game doesn't necessarily have a lot to do with mixing potions etc... but it does give you that option. One of the skills you can have is alchemy which will allow you to take a bunch of plants (either purchased, found or grown) and mix them together to form potions either for your use or during battle. If your alchemy skills are not very good then you could make a poison that would kill you rather than a healing potion. And yes, the rumor is out there that this version has more different types of mushrooms than most RPG's have weapons and from what I understand the mushrooms can be eaten or mixed in with other ingredients for potions.

Hope this helps
    Here's how bad I suck

THNAKS jschelm,
    the characters seem to be the biggest part of the game(althougn most RPGs make you develop your charicter) this one seems to have really good character atributes.

can this charicter setup/development compare to anything other then elder scrolls games??

couple more things -- what RPG is it most similar too (if any)??
    and how is the fighting system (hopfully not turn based)??
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
    THNAKS jschelm,
    the characters seem to be the biggest part of the game(althougn most RPGs make you develop your charicter) this one seems to have really good character atributes.

can this charicter setup/development compare to anything other then elder scrolls games??

couple more things -- what RPG is it most similar too (if any)??
    and how is the fighting system (hopfully not turn based)??
    I am not totally familiar with the other elder scrolls games, but I do know that you can pick one of a few different ways to develop your character so that everyone should be happy with the character developing.

The fighting is not turn based. You have the ability to go into a first person view and there are various keys for the different ways to swing a weapon. You can not clash weapons, however blocking and dodging will be taken care of automatically based on your character's stats.

Also, just so everyone knows, I have not had the pleasure of playing this game, I have just been reading as much as I can about it, so all this information is from other sources.
    Here's how bad I suck

Originally posted by jschelm

The fighting is not turn based. You have the ability to go into a first person view and there are various keys for the different ways to swing a weapon.
    Thats cool

Originally posted by jschelm

You can not clash weapons, however blocking and dodging will be taken care of automatically based on your character's stats.
    that sucks they should have made you block/dodge with a button, and then depending on ur player stats if the block/dodge was successful or not. . . . not just do it for u i hate that
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

this game is gunna rock ( i HAVE played some of the second one its from 94 or 96 i think and it is aweome)i think it will have more mushrooms than most rpgs have weapons but there are over 150 weapon types like kitana, boradsword, etc. then there are different types like glass, bronze, steel,etc. the weapons look awesome too if u ever seen some. this game is gunna kick @$$ and I think it will be better than project ego (even tho no one else thinks so) i dont even think project ego looks that great, well thats my opinion.

OK For all of you that can't get enough news on Morrowind here are the latest tidbits.

Battle Music Sample

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?...mw_battle1.mp3

Theme Music

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?...wind_title.mp3

New HI-Res Screenshot

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/images/highres.jpg

Enjoy all!
    Here's how bad I suck

Thumbs up

I think if you have any desire in you at all for an AWESOME, IN-DEPTH, FULLY IMMERSIBLE, FUN game then I think you should buy/well better yet, pre-order this game..it's definitely setting the standard for the RPG experience...Make no doubt though there will be so many things in this game that will take months, more likely even a year or more to master but it will all be worth it so there will be many ways you can go about playing this game,...I just think it's a sure winner- so go out and get it if you have the means and are looking for a true winner!

I am going to be a wizard... just not sure which race I should chose to do this. I would love to be a "humanoid" species and grow a longass white beard and hair.. I hope you can do that. No armor, a short sword and heavy on the magic. Only use magic as a last case scenario.. I want to develop my speechcraft skill so I can sweet talk my way out of almost anything. But, if the monster's hard-headed.. he better watch out cuz I'll summon a thunder-storm on his ass

CAN'T WAIT!!!!
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Smile

Originally posted by Dre
    I am going to be a wizard... just not sure which race I should chose to do this. I would love to be a "humanoid" species and grow a longass white beard and hair.. I hope you can do that. No armor, a short sword and heavy on the magic. Only use magic as a last case scenario.. I want to develop my speechcraft skill so I can sweet talk my way out of almost anything. But, if the monster's hard-headed.. he better watch out cuz I'll summon a thunder-storm on his ass

CAN'T WAIT!!!!
    LOL! You really have thought this thing out eh? Pretty cool idea you got goin' there though I like it!

Thread Information