Xbox Premieres Kinect in Europe
Xbox is unveiling exciting new experiences for its blockbuster games and Kinect for Xbox 360 at the worlds largest games event, Gamescom. Fans and visitors to the show will get first hand access to new player experiences for two of the most highly anticipated releases of 2010 "Halo: Reach" and "Fable III" as well as brand new additions to the Kinect line-up, which will launch in the UK from 10th November 2010.
Football is coming home to Europe at Gamescom with Jens Lehmann, former German goalkeeper, sharing the first reveal of ‘Football on "Kinect Sports" at the ‘Xbox 360 Play Day. The event will also unveil new track and field events from the "Kinect Sports" portfolio including ‘Javelin, ‘Long Jump and ‘Discus, new experiences in "Kinect Adventures" and exciting content from Kinect titles such as "Kinect Joyride" and MTV Games "Dance Central".
Chris Lewis, vice president, Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft Europe said, "This year will see our gaming experiences transform to provide players with the ultimate entertainment experience. We have the best developers on board to bring new and exciting experiences for everyone to Xbox 360 and, this week, thousands of consumers in Europe will have a sneak preview of our highly anticipated titles at Gamescom, months before they go on sale.
"Today we had Jens Lehmann join us to try football on Kinect Sports for the first time, showing how weve created a fun and engaging game for the living room, inviting families in Europe to jump off the sofa and into the world of controller free entertainment. Were riding high on the positive response weve had so far for the likes of Dance Central and today well be sharing more about Kinect games, plus our famed Xbox 360 blockbuster titles."
The Biggest Names
Whether youre fighting for survival in "Halo: Reach" or catapulting into revolution in "Fable III," only Xbox 360 delivers these incredible experiences. 2010 will see the launch of the biggest blockbuster titles on Xbox 360, with an amazing portfolio which will continue to challenge and entertain gamers throughout Europe. The highly anticipated blockbusters "Halo: Reach" and "Fable III" will be on show for play at Gamescom and will be providing attendees updated looks of these games.
* "Halo: Reach" (Bungie, Microsoft Game Studios). After a successful beta program that set world records for the most players, the highly anticipated "Halo: Reach" blockbuster prequel to the landmark "Halo" video game franchise will be on show at Gamescom. Promising to be the biggest game of 2010, "Halo: Reach" is developed exclusively for Xbox 360 and launches worldwide on September 14.
* "Fable III" (Lionhead Studios, Microsoft Game Studios). "Fable III", an action adventure experience like no other, is the third installment to Lionhead Studios best-selling "Fable" franchise. Available from October 29th, Gamescom will be the first place to see and play new features such as exciting new combat moves and the innovative Touch mechanic, which dramatically changes how a player interacts with the world around him or her. More about this epic action-adventure game narrative will also be unveiled this week. The "Fable III" Limited Edition Wireless Controller featuring one-off artwork created by Lionhead Studios will be also be available for true "Fable" fans in the weeks prior launch.
Controller Free Fun
Movement and motion will meet the world of gaming with a full range of exciting new titles set to launch with Kinect for Xbox 360. A selection of the 15 exclusive launch titles will be on show, including never-before-seen levels, new environments and new characters. Controller-free gaming is simple: jump in front of the sensor and start playing.
* "Kinect Sports" (Rare, Microsoft Game Studios). The only sports game that lets you be every player is "Kinect Sports." Turn your living room into a world-class stadium, bowling alley, soccer pitch or arena. In the newly announced Football sporting event, simply move to take control of the player who has the ball: make the save as the keeper, pass to the defender, then midfielder, cross the ball in and then take control of the striker to hammer the ball into the top corner. Designed for family fun, "Kinect Sports - Football" will show families how they can enjoy Europes favourite game in their own living room.
New track and field events have also been unveiled in the Kinect Sports portfolio, including discus, long jump and javelin. These sports will add to the current line up of beach volleyball, bowling, table tennis, boxing and other track and field events.
* "Joy Ride" (Big Park, Microsoft Game Studios). Joy Ride will take you on an exhilarating, action-packed race in this exciting controller-free kart racing title. Stunning landscapes provide the backdrop for unique driving adventures in three far-flung worlds with sixteen hyperactive courses and a multitude of environments that are exciting for everyone from amateurs to the most skilled. With newly announced stunt and dash modes and co-op, race and co-pilot modes, "Joy Ride" makes a perfect family game.
* "Kinect Adventures" (Good Science Studio, Microsoft Game Studios). Jump into the social adventure of a lifetime, as we invite everyone to experience the "Kinect Adventures" challenge. The pack-in title for Kinect, this is the game that requires whole body interaction and contains something for everyone. At Gamescom well invite families and friends on an all new experience, with the never before seen Space Adventure and the Yeti Living Statue challenge. With 20 different adventures to complete at four difficulty levels, and two challenge modes to unlock, there is plenty of action to go around.
* "Kinectimals" (Frontier Developments Ltd, Microsoft Game Studios). Children and animal lovers will be introduced to a new way to discover and play with on-screen pets, in a captivating and engaging format. Kinectimals allows you to speak and interact the way you would with a real life animal. The family of cats revealed at E3 has grown at Gamescom, with lion and jaguar cubs joining the line up of furry friends taking you on an adventure to discover the secrets of your home island in "Kinectimals". Families will be able to play together, with the introduction of multi-player mode and new environments. Getting into the game is as simple as stepping in front of the TV.
* "Dance Central" (MTV Games / Harmonix). "Dance Central"TM is the most immersive full-body, controller-free dance video game with fun choreography for beginners and experts. With more than 650 moves and more than 90 dance routines from professional choreographers, youll be able to rehearse and perform from your living room. Eleven new tracks were announced today, including:
o Basement Jaxx - "Rendez-Vu"
o Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction"
o Cascada - "Evacuate the Dancefloor"
o Fannypack - "Hey Mami"
o Kool & The Gang - "Jungle Boogie"
o Kylie Minogue - "Cant Get You Out of My Head"
o Nelly Furtado - "Maneater"
o Nina Sky - "Move Ya Body"
o Pitbull - "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
o Rihanna - "Pon de Replay"
o Technotronic - "Pump Up the Jam"
* "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved" (Ubisoft). Get your body moving with "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved." Your body will become part of the game, allowing you to interact within the virtual environments of the game which will respond to your movement. Whats more, it burns calories as you play. With a personal trainer, yoga instructor and martial arts master at your fingertips, "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved" provides specific feedback on every move, enabling you to achieve your fitness goals in a safe, fun environment.
* "Sonic Free Riders" (Sega). Making the most of motion control, "Sonic Free Rider" on Kinect for Xbox 360 will be on show at Gamescom. Players will become their favourite character, twisting and turning to navigate their way through the game. Featuring a variety of hoverboards and bikes, "Sonic Free Riders" will be available in single or multi-player and provides fun for all ages.