MS Details Additional Improvements in Fall Update
We already know about the major additions in Microsofts upcoming Xbox 360 dashboard update, including integration of ESPN3 streaming video, Netflix search, and a new Zune Marketplace. But Microsoft has now detailed some of the smaller, but no less welcomed, improvements that the update will include, as well.
In total, Microsoft detailed eight new improvements the new dashboard update will include, such as redesigned Avatars thatll work better with Kinect, improved voice chat, and more. The dashboard update is scheduled for release sometime before Kinect goes on sale on November 4, so 360 gamers will be able to enjoy all these improvements in less than a month.
You can see Microsofts breakdown of the full list of improvements below.
- Improved voice quality -- the audio codec is being updated to improve Xbox LIVE Party chat audio quality. So grab your friends and jump into a multiplayer game, catch a big sports event, watch a movie or do all three.
- Improved experience for changing your Gamertag -- choosing a new Gamertag? If the Gamertag youre looking for is already taken, your Avatar will spin a wheel and we will provide five other Gamertag suggestions at a time for you to choose from.
- Streamlined in-dashboard virtual keyboard -- weve taken the existing QWERTY keyboard in-dash and made it easier to use for scenarios that involve repeated text entry, for example when signing up for LIVE within the dashboard.
- Improved Xbox LIVE Marketplace UI and browse experience -- the Games Marketplace has been re-organized to provide streamlined access to the games and content you want, reducing the number of steps it takes to get to a download.
- Avatar changes -- weve made your Avatars slightly more proportional so you can better play Kinect games
- Easier to get on a wireless network -- trying to connect to a wireless network? With the next update, youll see a list of all the wireless networks within range when you go into network settings. From there, youll be able to select a new network or further configure the network youre connected to.
- Ability to sign-out other controllers in the sign-in UI -- were adding the ability to sign-out profiles on other controllers in the sign-in UI within the Guide. This is especially useful when playing games like Rock Band.
•New browse experience for 100% completed games -- you spent a lot of time and effort earning those Achievements, so instead of only being able to view your first dozen completed games, were giving you a new and better way to browse all of them.