Gears of War 4 May Update Details Announced
The team at Coalition have announced that the May content update arrives tomorrow, May 2, packed full of surprises for Gears of War 4 fans.
The May update brings a brand-new map designed by The Coalition in Dawn, along with our first returning map from Gears of War 2 – Security!
Here are the details on the new maps:
- Set in a stunning Outsider village built around an abandoned mining colony, Dawn is a map defined by two defensive structures – the high ground of the bar, and the entrenched mine on the low side. Prepare for a new kind of fight centered around the vital Dropshot spawn, as it’s surrounded by both high and low flanks and features a risk-it-all one-way vault to secure the weapon.
- This map combines tight corridors of combat with open spaces – learn to use the right weapon for the right situations on this map and you’ll truly become a master of Dawn.
- Fans have been asking The Coalition since the launch of Gears of War 4 to bring back some of the classic maps from Gears of War 2, and they are incredibly excited to answer those cries with Security! This new reimagined setting for Security takes you to a fight over a glorious decadent COG depository, with stacks of gold bars providing makeshift cover throughout the map. Defensive lasers bar access to key parts of the map, so prepare for a tough fight for the button that disables the lasers to give your team control over the flow of combat.
- For Gears of War 4, we’ve made a major change to how the lasers work. In King of the Hill and one of the key central rings on Escalation, the security lasers will only block the side entrances to the top sandbags to focus on opening flanks rather than blocking off entire areas. In addition, the lasers are activated in Horde when pressing the button (rather than disabled), offering a short defensive window that kills enemies as they try to run through it. Time your press just right to decimate groups of enemies getting too close to your base!
Of course there is more then just maps:
Multi-GPU Support Arrives on Windows 10
- Coalition are excited to announce that Multi-GPU support arrives with the May Update for our Windows 10 players! Their Windows 10 team have been hard at work implementing support for users who use multiple graphics card setups, and now fans can take full advantage of their setup to really push the stunning visuals of Gears of War 4.
The Coalition is always looking to provide even more for Gears fans to play for this month too, and here is what you got:
Back in Gears of War 2, the plucky Benjamin Carmine met his horrible end inside the Riftworm. This month, you’ll be able to find Benjamin Carmine back from the dead in one of our May Gear Packs as Zombie Ben Carmine – complete with his missing lower torso innards.
Their monthly Versus and Horde events also continue in May with a brand-new Horde variant and the return of Gnashers Only King of the Hill for Versus fans. Head on over to the Gears of War Community Hub for full dates and information.
And for you Locust collectors out there, start saving your Scrap – the Locust Grenadier Elite will be the Craftable Character for this month!
Season 1 is Underway
- Last month, the team launched theirr Seasons feature in Gears of War 4 alongside numerous Ranked Matchmaking improvements to provide better quality skill matchups.
- At the beginning of each season, they reset players Tier in each playlist in order to re-evaluate the starting skill level for the month ahead. Players need to head back out and complete the five placement matches for each playlist to earn their starting Tier, then win matches consistently in order to progress up the ranks.
- However, with progress comes with rewards! Depending on ones Tier placement at the end of the Season, players will earn parts of special Weapon Skin sets to take onto the battlefield.
- Finally The Coalition have updated GearsofWar.com with a rich Season experience, showing you your past and current placements plus exactly where you stack up with the rest of the community. Head on over to the site to check out your stats now!
So there you have it Gears fans. May looks to be yet another solid month for content.
Source: Xbox News Wire/YouTube