'Formula Fusion' Rebrands as 'Fusion'
A new futuristic racer is around the corner, and it has changed its original name to something a bit.....different. What is this upcoming game you ask. Well, we think that is a great question.
Developer R8 Games has announced what it is calling an evolution of Formula Fusion, its Early Access vision for futuristic anti-gravity combat racing.This change is seen to compliment new features, game modes and more, so with that being said, moving forward, the game will now be known as Pacer, a moniker designed to reflect the sheer speed conveyed by its 4K-enabled, 60 frames-per-second gameplay, and one that celebrates its ambitious efforts to bring the anti-gravity racing genre still rooted in its retro past hurtling into the 21st century.
Pacer is a pulse-raising future generation anti-gravity racer that mixes high octane speed with fully-customizable craft, allowing players to tweak until they’ve outfitted the perfect winning killing machine to complement their skills.
At launch, Pacer will bring 14 different tracks and five customizable craft to the table, building upon R8 Games’ goal of both recapturing and expanding upon the spirit of the anti-gravity racers that made their mark in the 1990s. Likewise, play will also feature a stellar soundtrack that will immerse the player in both original and licensed tracks from CoLD SToRAGE, Dub FX and many more.
We thought wed not a few of the games features for you to glance at:
- Unique Storm Mode for single player and multiplayer: Life or death in a contracting field of play; the first ever Battle Royale arcade racer
- Spectator Mode: Follow any pilot with Chase, Nose, Orbit, or Environment cameras while displaying all race stats
- Highly customizable: Craft, weapons, and cosmetics can all be personalized
- Replay Mode: Capture and share amazing action clips and stills
- Online Ranked Mode: Find out how your piloting skills rate against the best in the world
- Online Tournament/Spectator Mode: Allows easy streaming and encourages fun events at all levels
- Campaign: Unlock team skins, as well as more challenging tracks and speed classes
So, if all this is slightly interesting to you, check out the new trailer below:
Source: Press Release/YouTube