Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Release Date Announced
505 Games, has set up a launch date for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The gothic horror side-scrolling action RPG, which is releasing on various platforms, is set to hit gamers consoles, including the Xbox One, on June 18th. For those that might not know what Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is about, we got you covered.
The game is set in 18th century England – a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power. Players take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.
Some of the features that should be highlighted are as follows:
- Igavania Lives On – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- Vast and Deep Gampley – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- High Fidelity 2.5D Graphics – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- Orchestral Music by Industry Legends – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- Igas Biggest Castle – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- Multiple Characters to Choose From – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Oh, and one more thing. Check out the new trailer below that highlights a wealth of technological advancements the game has achieved over the last year of development, demonstrating fluid controls, enhanced lighting, graphics and newly composed music from Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night):
Source: Press Release/YouTube