Port Royale 4 Sets Sail Towards September 25th Launch
PORT ROYALE 4 SETS SAIL TOWARDS SEPTEMBER 25TH LAUNCH
Behind-the-scenes featurette highlights seafaring trade sim as the crown jewel in the series history
Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios have today unveiled a brand new behind-the-scenes featurette and a selection of stunning new screenshots for upcoming trading simulation Port Royale 4, offering a deep dive into the mechanics and features of the game ahead of its release on Friday 25th September for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The newest entry in the franchise, Port Royale 4 invites players to join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands, and embark in a real-time trading adventure throughout the 17th century Caribbean. The game features the largest game world in the series to-date, including 12 square kilometres for players to explore and examine in breathtaking detail using the game’s seamless zoom function. Players can also take advantage of an overarching world map to plot customized trade routes, navigate rough weather and shallow waters, and create a productive trading network across the Caribbean.
For the first time in the series’ history, Port Royale 4 also features turn-based combat. Players can assemble a fleet and engage in maritime combat, protecting their wares from pirates, engaging in a spot of piracy themselves, or simply taking on rival traders.
In Port Royale 4, set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. Take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor and learn what it takes to manage and grow a small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Introducing: naval battles! For the first time in series history, combat encounters are turn-based, with up to 8 ships battling at once. Turn the tide with tactical captain manoeuvres to ensure a glorious victory each and every fight.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles
- Four single player campaigns following each nation on a path to glory
- Appoint a leader from four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes
- Choose from 50 buildings to produce goods such as rum and luxuries
- Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the happiness of your citizens
- Sail 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains
- Unlock licences, building permits, new buildings and ships by growing reputation within your chosen nation
Source: Press Release/YouTube