Maid of Sker Has Arrived in Retail
Do Not Panic – Don’t Even Breathe, Maid of Sker Has Arrived in Retail
The first-person survival horror game is available now in stores
Gamers brave enough for the challenge can experience a terrifying journey of survival in first-person horror game Maid of Sker, now available in stores. Set in a remote hotel with a macabre history from Welsh folklore, Maid of Sker takes players through a chilling tale, faced by frightening enemies and fighting to survive. Developed by Wales Interactive and published for retail by Perp Games, Maid of Sker is available for $29.99 through major retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop and Target.
Inspired by the haunting true story of Elizabeth Williams, players take on the role of Thomas Evans, a musician thrust into a terrifying battle to save the woman he loves. Set in 1898, players are armed only with a defensive sound device and charged with keeping eyes open and staying alert as they solve the supernatural mystery that hangs over the Sker Hotel.
Maid of Sker players will encounter:
· A 3D Sound-Based AI System – This is the core survival gameplay mechanic. In order to make it past enemies with super hearing, players must master hiding, running, creeping, trapping and distracting techniques.
· Increased Difficulty – As players progress, enemies become more difficult to avoid, to the point where standing still and holding your breath is the only option. However, run out of breath and – suffer.
· Realistic 4K Visuals – Making the action even more chilling, the realistic visuals feature 4K uncapped on PC and enhancements on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
· A Multiple-Thread Narrative – Players’ decisions are especially meaningful, unlocking different story paths and multiple endings.
· A Terrifying Experience – Taking inspiration from R.D. Blackmore’s 19th century novel, “The Maid of Sker,” and the original Welsh ballad, “Y Ferch o’r Sger,” the story is told in a truly sinister way, reigniting one of the most haunting tales in Wales.
Maid of Sker is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $29.99 USD at major retailers including Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy and Target. The game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.
Source: Press Release/YouTube