Become the Soothsayer in Grotto
Grotto – become the Soothsayer in a mystical, narrative-focused experience for PC, Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and iOS
Indie publisher Digerati and developer Brainwash Gang are delighted to announce Grotto for PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and iOS. The game is scheduled to launch Q3/Q4 2021. In development since 2018, Grotto is a fantasy narrative game that casts players in the role of the Soothsayer – a mysterious hermit who resides in the titular cave and is called upon to read the stars and provide counsel to a primitive tribe.
Created by the Madrid-based Brainwash Gang, Grotto is the latest outlandish project to emerge from the studio, which is also behind the upcoming Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition, and The Longest Road on Earth. Brainwash founder and developer, Edu Verzinsky, explains why the team wanted to make Grotto:
"Some of us have a genuine interest in divination and have tried different techniques over the years. We like the idea of peoples lives being influenced by something as abstract as the interpretation of the stars," says Verzinsky. "With Grotto, we hope players will become aware that the extraordinary powers of the protagonist comes from their own empathy when deciding on the life of the tribe."
About The Game
Grotto is a mystical, narrative-focused experience. You are the Soothsayer. The one capable of talking with the stars and unveiling their messages. In a time of turmoil, the tribe of the valley turn to your powers of divination and come to you for guidance.
Their fate will change depending on your auguries. Overthink every constellation, or let the stars freely enter your mind. You are the Soothsayer and yours is the way to read the future.
- Look to the sky from the sacred rock, draw the constellations, and read the stars
- Learn to read the bones and foretell the future or contact those who are gone
- Get to know your people and help them face their problems
- Choose wisely your answers as you’ll change the present and future of your tribe. They will thrive or die depending on your words
- A visual style that mixes 2D and 3D art brings the confined world of Grotto to life