Latest Last Oasis Update Adds The Worm, A New Formidable Creature
The latest Last Oasis update is now live across Steam PC and Xbox. It welcomes the game’s most formidable creature to date, The Worm.
The question is, can you survive the hunt?
The complete changelog can be found HERE, but here are the main Gameplay and Changes listed:
- With the addition of the Worm, new resources related have been added to the game. Some of them are exclusively harvested after a successful Worm kill, some are obtained by directly attacking the beast for it’s valuable scales, and some are available in the territory where they roam, Worm Sighting event maps. Alongside some other various misc resources, a successful Worm hunt will yield Worm Scales, Worm Silk, and Worm Sand to the victors, as well as Worm Fangs, a trophy of tremendous value, proof of the ultimate feats of heroism and skill among Nomads.
- Added a new Meteor Fall event on all maps of the game (with the exception of Nomad’s Cradle), which brings a new resource essential to technology progression, as well as Walker construction… and raiding. As the debris in the sky enters the atmosphere, leaving a blazing, fiery trail behind it to follow, make sure to be prepared for a fight over its spoils when it reaches the ground.
- Meteor Cores are a new resource which can be extracted from Meteor crash sites across any oases where they land. They are a strange, energized crystal, harvested from the largest rocks falling off meteors. It’s not a resource exclusive to an event map, as it can essentially happen anywhere in the world, in any oasis. They have a variety of uses, which include technology progression, Walker Mechanism crafting, as well as an important crafting material for a new Catapult boulder.
- New vitamin added to the game: Worm Tincture - It is produced with a mixture of Worm Sand, as well as a Worm Fangs, extracted from the mandible of a defeated Worm. This potent vitamin will grant XP upon consumption when below maximum level, or +1 attribute point when at max character level.
- A new recipe has been added to Advanced and Artificer Woodworking Stations: Tablets. Similar to the production of Tablets at an Ancient Fabricator, this will require glass, shattered fragments, and a meteor core in order to craft. Tablets are guaranteed, but there is no guarantee of specific tablet types.
- The old Hullbreaker Catapult Boulder (now obsolete) has been replaced with Charged Boulders: Its main ingredient being Meteor Cores. This new addition to the Catapult ammo can deal considerable damage against all types of armor (Soft, Hard, Robust, Reinforced, and Solid).
- The Ancient Crafting Station has received a new visual update, which brings renovated assets, animations, and effects, as well as some fixes to UI and related text. And one secret or two that our mapping lead may or may not have hid in there as well.
- It is no longer possible to consume an interactable while being grappled to anything. This includes current bandages, and any future items in that category.
- Increased spread of Scattershot pellets, and further rebalanced damage versus different types of player armor. With new balance, heavier types of armor will provide better protection against Scattershot.