NEWS - Thursday, December 4, 2008
Fable II Patch Outlined
"We havent forgotten about the patch that was promised a while ago, the team sends word that the update is coming along nicely," wrote Lionhead community manager Sam Van Tilburgh on the studios official blog.
Some gamers discovered one of the bugs early on in the story (the Ritual/Monk’s Quest bug, as noted below) that prevented users from completing an essential quest. There was a simple workaround for the bug, but Lionhead intends to iron out any potential problems with the patch.
Fable II released on October 21. The studio gave no hard date for the fixes.
Lionhead offered an incomplete list of the fixes:
- The Ritual/Monk’s Quest – Fixed the issue with the Abbott becoming unresponsive if you leave Oakfield before he finishes talking. This will fix the problem if you’ve already hit it, too.
- Rescuing Charlie/Rescue My Baby – after rescuing Charlie, you can now able to interact with objects
- Guild Cave chest – resolves any issues with previously inability to retrieve items unlocked from Limited Collector’s Edition, website or Chicken Kickin’ game. If you’ve already hit this bug you should now get your items.
- The Spire (Pt2) – no more issues with ship captain being unresponsive
- The Hero of Skill (Pirate King) – you’ll no longer get stuck during Hero of Skill quest (Bloodstone)
- T.O.B.Y./Trouble In Bloodstone – you’ll no longer get stuck during T.O.B.Y. quests (Bloodstone)
- Your child - will no longer be chosen as an assassination target
- Furniture Shop in Albion (Bowerstone) will now always have something for sale
- Additional unspecified fixes