I hope it's announcement for Halo 2!

Our friends at halo.bungie.org are reporting that there's gonna be a Halo announcement this week at Microsoft's Party in San Francisco. Right now, nothing is know of the situation but it's been confirmed by Computer Gaming World's own Jeff Green that the announcement may not be the PC and Mac versions of the game.

"Actually, I had a moment of panic on Monday when I received an email invitation to some kind of Microsoft party thing in San Francisco next week, in celebration of a Halo "announcement." My fear was that this was the announcement of Halo's arrival on the PC. Never mind the fact that this would be great news in general for PC gamers, as well as the being the very thing I was crying for. It would have been terrible news for me personally, because it would very quickly and definitively make it clear that it was in fact me who was the moron about this whole issue. And, hey, it's all about me, as you know.

So the "good" news, after I made a panicked call to Microsoft, is that the announcement is not only NOT about Halo being ported, but, in fact, they somewhat implied, in a totally unofficial and noncommittal way that they'll be furious at me for even mentioning here, is that I was kind of right: that port isn't coming any time soon. So back off with the hate mail, Chumley. I still sort of know what I'm talking about. And anyway, the game is still great on the Xbox. I can't deny it. Bungie still rules no matter how much they've strayed into the dark side.."

Could this be an announcement for Halo 2? Or a Special Edition of the game. More info on it when available.

http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fu...8208553,88350,