Thread: Give Up

Default Give Up

I realize that all of us here are fans of the XBox and we don't want to see misinformation or bad rumors flying around, but could we please talk about something else.

I get so tired of all this "Is this true?" and "Proof of XBox's Demise" threads that I think it has become a detriment to the community that brought me to this board in the first place.

I don't see many of the long-timers posting anymore and I think it's because they just don't care about all the bull****. Let's talk about games and life and the fun that the XBox is giving us.

Leave the negativity behind.

I understand your plea, Taranis, but spammers and fanboys are inevitable, like death and taxes. We can talk like an intelligent society on these boards and others, but with fanboys coming from PS2, GC, et al, we can't help but flame them and talk bad about them, therefore causing us to have a bad attitude toward our own, the Xbox Addicts, people who are undeserving of the flaming.

We must deal with each spammer/fanboy as they come. If you are familiar with the game Final Fantasy X, the fanboy problem can be related to where in FFX, the people of Spira keep fighting Sin, even though it keeps coming back, to be able to rejoice in the sanctity of the Calm, however long it may last.

With that, let us post free of fanboys and free of ill will.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

i think it might be a combination of that, people getting bizy, and the lack of A FUTURE RELEASE FORUM....dang its a pain to have to go to each genre to talk about newley announced titles.

yeah these forums are beginning to get hard to find info in....they need to have them like they used to!

Yep. If it's not in General Discussion I simply don't read it. I miss the "old days". lol.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default In regards to threads being moved:

Well, dudes...don't think I don't hear ya...because I do. I just think that the initial intention of having several different forums allows people to find what they want to talk about quickly and properly.

So, if a new release is coming out, it'll be announced in the New Release forums...if a current Sports title is being discussed, it'll be found in the Sports forum, etc...

I am also a fan of the General Forum...and the Off Topic Lounge...but, I often stick my head in the other forums (more now than ever!) to check out the New Releases, what's being talked about in the 3D Shooter forum, and the Action games forum.

With the increasing amount of members and the growing popularity of XBoxaddict.com, it's great to see that the boards are being managed properly and it dramatically reduces the rate that spammers can flood the boards.

Just my two cents...personally, I've adjusted comfortably.

Also, being a mod now, I have learned so much...there are so many spammers on these boards...I'm so happy that these forums are managed...if they weren't, this site would be a failure, I believe....but, instead, this site is among the best XBox fansites on the net!

Default Re: In regards to threads being moved:

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    this site is among the best XBox fansites on the net!
    Personally, I'd have to say THE best. And regarding the forums, I have also adjusted. Before, there were just too many posts that didn't interest me in the General Discussion, and I think we are seeing more quality topics here as a result.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Shocked

I am so freaking nakie right now!
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired
    and i'd die again for you

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

Yo maxy these are the best forums on the web. Am I a spammer? (except for now) lol hehe

Best damn forums ive ever been on.
    My Games: (in order of best)
    Morrowind
    Halo
    Spider-Man
    007: Agent Under Fire
    Madden 2002
    Project Gotham Racing
    Fuzion Frenzy
    Wreckless

Most Wanted:

Project Ego

Morrowind Stats:
    Race: Argonion
    Sign: The Shadow
    I am a: Assassan/ Thief
    How i make money: Steal and sell. Repeat.
    Best With": AXE

Thread Information