Thread: Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller gets a 6.0 from IGN

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller gets a 6.0 from IGN

http://xbox.ign.com/reviews.html

I will just have to wait and se why they didnt like it that much. I was looking forward to this game. But now I am having doubts. Does anyone know another site that reviewed Crazy Taxi?
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Can you honestly be surprised? Did you play the demo that was packed in the last issue of OXM?
    Crazy Taxi 3 is no different from the first or the second one on Sega Dreamcast.
    I own the original on my DC and was addicted to the game all of a weeks worth. The second was just like it. That's why it's sales were weak, because everyone knew what it was about.
    Just like part 3.
    Sega's Hitman division needs to think of new idea's for this franshine if the expect it to be successful as the original or it will be too little too late soon.

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    Can you honestly be surprised? Did you play the demo that was packed in the last issue of OXM?
    Crazy Taxi 3 is no different from the first or the second one on Sega Dreamcast.
    I own the original on my DC and was addicted to the game all of a weeks worth. The second was just like it. That's why it's sales were weak, because everyone knew what it was about.
    Just like part 3.
    Sega's Hitman division needs to think of new idea's for this franshine if the expect it to be successful as the original or it will be too little too late soon.
    Are you still gettign the game o support Sega. Or are you not loyal to them anymore?
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

WHO THE HELL CARES WHAT IGN SAID...................

This is probably one of greatest arcade games in the 90's. If you even read the review it was easy to say that not only did the guy hate this version, but he HATED THE FIRST CRAZY TAXI ALL TOGEther.

The bottom line is that this game delivers- 25 NEW mini games. 3 levels in 3 cities. Many new drives, and many things to unlock. All wraped in the classic Crazy Taxi gameplay.

OBTW, this game got a 9 from EGM, and a 8.6 from Game Informer. All claiming this was the best Crazy Taxi game ever made.

Now Can You DigDat?????!!!!

-Borka105

SUCKA!!!!!!!
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

yeah it was a great game when it came out on dreamcast it was a new idea but they streched it too far and didnt change the game enough from the first one its the same game it was with a few different levels and mini games its like an add-on pack thats all the sequals to crazy taxi are.

Originally posted by faceoff508

Are you still gettign the game o support Sega. Or are you not loyal to them anymore?
    Of course I still support Sega. Until da day I die.
    But im not crazy (no pun intended) enough to drop $50.00 on a game I know im gonna get bored with in a weeks tops.
    I got burned by Sega's Gunvalkyrie on Xbox, so it's not gonna happen this time around.
    But NFL2K3 is coming out next month, so I will get that though!

I honestly expected this....fun for the first couple minutes then It got boring.....then sega makes 2 more....kinda like the ff and tony hawk series! Not getting this game....I am sure after the sales report on this game sony won't make another!

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

well, based off of ONE review, i can't really tell. anyways, reviews are really just opinions cause if they were real FACTS (almost impossible), then wouldn't all scores be equivalent to each other?
    ha..

EGM gave it a 9. And Game Inormer gave it a a 8.5.

Frostberg

Hey, if you are interested in CT3 we should have an interview up soon...I did it yesterday so it shouldn't take much longer to get up...

to tell you the truth I'm not quite sure where Crazy Taxis going from here, I loved the first Crazy Taxi as it was fun and different Crazy Taxi 2 had a jump and was nowhere near as fun as Crazy Taxi 1 now we have Crazy Taxi 3 hmmm I've played the demo and I wasn't impressed with it, it's the same o same o, nothing new or exciting and as you said the graphic haven't been touched up that much.
    If they did a remix of Crazy Taxi 1 with loads of new mini games and really tarted up the game I would have bought this even though I've got this on my Dreamcast, the first one was the best, they should have just left it at number one

Smile

Not a site, but a mag, Game Informer gave it 8.5 / 10. I dont see how in the world this game isn't going to rule, it has Crazy Taxi 1,2,&3! I am getting this game July 27 I cannot wait. Crazy Taxi is one of my favorite games.

I would buy CT for the XBOX even if they didn't offer anything new. I'm all over this title.

I would buy CT for the XBOX even if they didn't offer anything new. I'm all over this title.
    ditto

I played the demo and it sucked, The steering sucks the stuipid jump button i loved crazy taxi 1 and 2 but this bites i was looking forward to a good game but nope

CT3 can officially go to hell.....CT3 is just the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.....
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

I'm way behind the times, cos I haven't played any of the crazy taxi series. however, I just bought 3 today. since it's just a jazzed up remake, will I like it, since I haven't experienced the game before?
    I own Spiderman, Halo, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, TH2X, Blood Omen2, Amped, Dark Summit, SSX Tricky, Azurik, Max Payne, Amped, Splashdown, Crazy Taxi 3, Dead to Rights, Toejam&Earl3, TH4, Myst 3, Hunter the Reckoning, Pirates, Test Drive and Morrowind on XBox.
    Systems are Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64 and GameBoy Advance Hidden Content

I'm going to Best Buy in a little while to pick up CT3. I wonder if I should look into a wheel, too?

I seriously cannot imagine NOT enjoying this game. I'll let you know.

crazi taxi has no rpelay value thats why i dont liek it and got rid of it. Its great at first burt then sucks.

Replay value is new to me, because I'm lucky to finish a game at all. If that's all a game is judged by, I should buy nearly all of them.
    I own Spiderman, Halo, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, TH2X, Blood Omen2, Amped, Dark Summit, SSX Tricky, Azurik, Max Payne, Amped, Splashdown, Crazy Taxi 3, Dead to Rights, Toejam&Earl3, TH4, Myst 3, Hunter the Reckoning, Pirates, Test Drive and Morrowind on XBox.
    Systems are Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64 and GameBoy Advance Hidden Content

Thread Information