Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speak English?

Question Speak English?

In the new DOAX installment do the girls speak english in the game? In DOA 3 they didnt and that ****ed me off.

Yes they do. That is why Dennis Rodman was called in to do voice overs for Zack. I have no idea whose doing the voices for the women.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Thanks!! Thats good news.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default huh?

The women in DOA3 talked at all, I didn't notice, they were jumpin' around to much. I guess you could say that I kinda get distracted easily.

Actually, no. They don't speak English only Zack (Dennis Rodman) speaks English. The females lines are spoken in Japanese and subtitled in English. You can change Zack to Jap. but can't change the females.

I just got this game today and it is pretty good. I'll just say, the graphics kick @SS!!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...threadid=31406

Unfortunately, there's subtitles in this one...again, except for Zach, who's a dam pimp in this game.

Damn there oily hides. Oh well i dont think most people will be botherd about what they are saying anyway hehe.
    Scared ? You will be.

Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
    Actually, no. They don't speak English only Zack (Dennis Rodman) speaks English. The females lines are spoken in Japanese and subtitled in English. You can change Zack to Jap. but can't change the females.

I just got this game today and it is pretty good. I'll just say, the graphics kick @SS!!
    I thought I heard Tecmo state several times there would be voiceovers. I'm glad because I didn't want them anyway. However, I am glad one of my old favorite basketball playa is doing y favorite DOA character's voice.
    Now Playing

The Trash Man

yeah Burning is a big Japanese wannabe... right you Japanese ranger you... too and yao ming wasnt doing the voice overs for Zach... at least then you could have some Asian pride in there... Chinese or not...
    *~The XBA Trash Man~*

**Taking The Trash Out**

Originally posted by bbchs_trash
    yeah Burning is a big Japanese wannabe... right you Japanese ranger you... too and yao ming wasnt doing the voice overs for Zach... at least then you could have some Asian pride in there... Chinese or not...
    Actually, Dennis Rodman was my favorite playa at one time when he played for my Bulls. That was before I became obsessed with the asian culture. I happen to like Yao Ming although he doesn't play for my Bulls. I do respect Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, etc. very well. My favorite college professor was Korean.

I just like games where the voices are in Japanese a lot. I even know some Japanese myself.
    Now Playing

it's a good thing there is no English dubbing... dubbing is the dumbest thing to do in a game from Asia. It just sounds stupid, subtitles are always way better...be it videogames, Asian movies or Anime

Gamerscore Whore

Why dont they just do the dang game in English..LOL! I hate listening to the japanese laguage in a video game and reading subtitles. It just irritates me. If the game is released in Japan then let the game speak Japanese, if its released in the US then let the game speak English. Simple as that. Subtitles ruin a game in my opinion.

Member on the run

I couldn't agree more! I hate having a game in the US where very few actually speak Japanese, speaking nothing but japanese! Come on people, get with it. And for those that would rather have the japanese speech, just have the developers put an option in there for you all.

Originally posted by y2kash_14
    it's a good thing there is no English dubbing... dubbing is the dumbest thing to do in a game from Asia. It just sounds stupid, subtitles are always way better...be it videogames, Asian movies or Anime
    I agree with you 100% I have the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon DVD and I have never watched it in English dub. I would have seriously considered not buying this game if they used white girls to do the voices.

Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
    Why dont they just do the dang game in English..LOL! I hate listening to the japanese laguage in a video game and reading subtitles. It just irritates me. If the game is released in Japan then let the game speak Japanese, if its released in the US then let the game speak English. Simple as that. Subtitles ruin a game in my opinion.
    Because his head hurts when he has to read.

Originally posted by rudedogX
    I couldn't agree more! I hate having a game in the US where very few actually speak Japanese, speaking nothing but japanese! Come on people, get with it. And for those that would rather have the japanese speech, just have the developers put an option in there for you all.
    "you all." Reminds me of the redneck town I grew-up in. Population 3000 white people, 4 brown people. This game was made for the hardcore fans. The ones that wanted the Japanese voices. You deal with it.
    Halo: Combat Evolved (9.5) || Dead Or Alive 3 (9.0) || NBA Live 2002 (8.0) || Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x (7.0) || NHL 2002 (8.0) || The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (9.0) (Hidden Content ) || Sega GT 2002 (9.0) (Hidden Content ) || MechAssault (8.5) || Unreal Championship (8.0) || Sega Sports NFL 2K3 (8.5) || Dead Or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball (8.5) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (9.25)

Listening to Fur Patrol's Pet LP & Starlifter EP albums (Hidden Content )
    Reading Halo: The Flood by William C. Dietz (Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Member on the run

Originally posted by mmattai

"you all." Reminds me of the redneck town I grew-up in. Population 3000 white people, 4 brown people. This game was made for the hardcore fans. The ones that wanted the Japanese voices. You deal with it.
    Um...actually what you would be thinking of is "ya'll".

Before you go around making generalizations, get a little history about individuals. I have lived in so many areas of the country except for the south! I stated in there that if you want that option, then make that an option for those that enjoy the japanese language to have it remain the japanese language. However, if you are going to distribute the game to a market place, you should still take into account that market's main language!

This is a fundamental neccesity for many businesses. You tailor your product to appeal to your customers at large. This means that if you are going to sell your product to portuguese speaking individuals, you are going to want to make it so that your product's customers can relate via having the same language (portuguese). This is just a small example so as to not to say, it does not matter to me if they speak japanese in japan, or russian in Russia, however any smart business still knows that you need to have the product relate to it's customer. In the end, I suppose the video game and anime products out there are one of the few exceptions, since there will always be a small niche out there that will love them in their original format.
    Last edited by RudedogX; 02-06-2003 at 11:42 AM.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

damn you rude.
    you know being logical is just gonna confuse these kids.

Member on the run

Sorry man, building this website has gotten me thinking business sensible.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

yea...but subtitles Roxorz and OOOOWnzzz joo n00b!!!

Gamerscore Whore

Subtitles and Japanese speaking games are just plain UGGGG!!!!!!! Won't ever see one in my library of games thats for sure.

I'll tolerate it from DOA games.... for the sake of the gameplay of course... (you know, both of them).

Thread Information