Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Microsoft books ATI for Xbox 2 chipset "

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

i take it hamwich that you are ATI all the way?

if so retract your last statement please.

Originally posted by Toonz
    lol me and my friend had a bet Merimach how long it would take you to respond LMAO.

As far as being a Nvidia fanboy is concerned hell yeah I am I love there stuff and am willing to pay more for it. I am also a Xbox fanboy as well but I bet you wouldn't make fun of me for that would ya ?
    Yes I would. Fanboys are rather retarded.

Fosho, given the current facts of ATI cards beating out the competition, yes, I am ATI all the way. However, if a better series of cards comes out, then I will be that company all the way. Whatever is the best at the time is what I go for.

The XBox is the best now, technically, but if the next Playstation is better, I'm gonna lay my money down for it over the less technically proficient products.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Some people go with the "if ain't broke don't fix it" mentality when it comes to buying hardware, and to me, that is a DOS/Win3.11 mentality, before DirectX and decent version of Windows. I'd prefer to go along with what kind of card does a good job, but you don't have to mortgage the house to buy it. Currently ATI gets very good bang for buck, considering the FX series drivers were found to be "optimised" for the 3DMark03 benchmark program, in other words NVidia was cheating to get a better score.

It's like saying which is better AMD or Intel - both are very similar in their results, but the AMD is cheaper, and you don't have to buy a new motherboard everytime there is a 1 MHz increase in clock speed for a new P4 chip.....

Originally posted by BCan
    Some people go with the "if ain't broke don't fix it" mentality when it comes to buying hardware, and to me, that is a DOS/Win3.11 mentality, before DirectX and decent version of Windows. I'd prefer to go along with what kind of card does a good job, but you don't have to mortgage the house to buy it. Currently ATI gets very good bang for buck, considering the FX series drivers were found to be "optimised" for the 3DMark03 benchmark program, in other words NVidia was cheating to get a better score.

It's like saying which is better AMD or Intel - both are very similar in their results, but the AMD is cheaper, and you don't have to buy a new motherboard everytime there is a 1 MHz increase in clock speed for a new P4 chip.....
    So true, I read about that Nvidia cheated as well. Not a very good way to attract people to their product if it can't do what it says it can do on 3dmark. I wouldn't worry if you have a Geforce 4 because Nvidia's new line of cards should be better. FX is based on old technology from the long dead 3DFX. Although the FX series seems to be bad ass, Nvidia dropped the ball. Instead of building up old tech they should have actually created new tech. But I have faith that next year we'll see some better cards from Nvidia. As for AMD....AMD ALL THE WAY! I'm running on an AMD 1700 and it can out perform an Intel up to 1.9 ghz. Plus I hear that the new XP 3000 is one of the top performance kings.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

ATI admitted to cheating the benchmark as well

Thread Information