Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Between now and Halo 2...

Default Between now and Halo 2...

...what is there to look forward to? Quite frankly, I'm too lazy to look up all the games from all the different developers that are scheduled to come out between now and then. Yes, I've heard of a couple that I'm interested in, but many minds operate more effeciently than one - when organized anyway. So, let's organize our collective thinking in this thread and get some games listed that are worth mentioning - WORTH mentioning: now I realize that NOTHING is going to measure up to Halo 2 standards, but try to keep your list limited to games that at least come somewhat close and involve guns. Otherwise, this will just end up another list with too many games to sort through, most of which won't be worth the time.

If done right, thiis is going to save us all some time ~ we should end up with a pretty nice list of shooters to check out right here.
    Last edited by nycgamer; 06-26-2003 at 12:50 PM.

At the rate that this game is being hyped, Not even Halo 2 will live up to Halo 2 standards. Lets be realistic here people, it IS possible to make a better game than Halo. Is there one for XBOX, not yet. I think Perfect Dark Zero will come close if it ever comes out.

Actually I think if they just made more levels for halo that would live up to halo 2 standards. People will definately be impressed by the increases in grapics, gameplay and strategy it will present. As far as between now and Halo 2, watch out for these superb games:

Crimson Skies
    Fable
    Rainbow Six 3
    Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
    Starcraft: Ghost
    The debut of XSN sports with Fever 2004
    Xbox Music Maker

and many many more.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Before Halo 2 going out, i keep my eyes pills for these ones:

Sudeki
    Fable (hmm...don't know if is coming)
    Ninja Gaiden
    Otogi: Myth of Demons

Other than that, give it a try before getting.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Member on the run

Raven Shield,
    Kill-Switch (same game as in your sig),

Then there is also a game coming out which I played at E3. It's coming out on all systems unfortunately, but that didn't stop it from being scary as hell! The game is called The Suffering

Too Sixy

Raven sheild
    Fable
    BC
    KOTOR
    Pirates of Carribean
    Hidden Content
    Hardware:XBOX, 1 Orig. 3 typeS controllers, DVD kit, XBOXLIVE

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

Some others:

Prince of Persia
    TMNT
    Amped2
    Counter Strike
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Full Spectrum Warrior
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Rainbox Six 3
    Prince of Persia
    Crimson Skies

How come everyone around here seems to be so un-educated about Full Spectrum Warrior? The game looks tottally bad arse. A must buy. It might even be better than Rainbow Six 3.
    Games Domain Preview
    IGN E3 Preview
    IGN Full Spectrum Warrior articles
    Gamespot
    Gamespy
    Official THQ game webpage
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Raven Shield
    Amped 2

That's all I care about at this point. Since Halo 2 is so far away and all...

I also still play the current Halo like no other...

true crime anyone? i personally can't wait for this.

Far Cry.

This game has a physics engine like no other. Well, actually, Half-Life 2 has a pretty insane physics engine also.

Far Cry also has a crazy graphics engine. It started off as being a tech demo, but is now turning into a full-fledged Jungle warfare/survival FPS. The engine is capable of rendering huge outdoor levels. The things I've seen of Far Cry so far have been a HUGE island. I think you get stranded on the island at the beginning and then things go bad when you find out theres other ppl on the island. And they have guns. And they'll all want to kill you I'm sure!

I saw one vid where the player was at the top of a big cliff and was using the zoom on a rocket launcher. He shoots a rocket and your like, whats he shooting at? Well, pulls out binoculars or more zoom on rocket I forget and watches the rocket travels over a km or 2 at least. Then it hits a group of guys setting up a little army base on the beach. Incredible.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Don't forget the rocket craters the ground on impact!

Half-Life 2
    Counter-Strike
    True Crime
    ESPN NFL, NHL, NBA
    DOOM III (does this come out before Halo 2?)

Oh and for the few of you who said full spectrum warrior, I dont think that comes out till March 2004....which would be after Halo 2.

bust a nut

Doom 3
    Half-life 2
    Counterstrike
    Rainbow six
    SWAT: Global team

all the best shooters baby.

in SWAT: you can use the headset to give out commands in singleplayer mode. and it will support XBL too.

Originally posted by Viper87227
    Oh and for the few of you who said full spectrum warrior, I dont think that comes out till March 2004....which would be after Halo 2.
    Well if it comes out March 2004, that will be a month before halo 2 comes out. Halo 2 is slated for April 1st, 2004. I think on that day, they will probably proclaim that the game was delayed and wont come out for 6 more months. But in actuality, games will still be in stores. That will be a big april fools joke.

Raven Shield
    Fable
    Amped 2
    Xbox Music Maker

There's so real good ones coming soon

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

first and foremost......FABLE YOU MOTHER FOCKERS!

second.....NINJA GAIDEN WUWU!

3rd..........KOTOR!!!!!

4th.............ummmmm......TMNT!!!

and then....uhhhh that one game. SOUL CALIBUR!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by bretman1234

Well if it comes out March 2004, that will be a month before halo 2 comes out. Halo 2 is slated for April 1st, 2004. I think on that day, they will probably proclaim that the game was delayed and wont come out for 6 more months. But in actuality, games will still be in stores. That will be a big april fools joke.

damn....i though Halo 2 came out in January

Thread Information