Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could this be the end of Nintendo

Xboxmaster2001

i have a GC and i like it although i like xbox much better and im not very happy with GC right now ya they do have about 5 or 6 good games but xbox has about 20 or 30 good games it dosnt compare i think that GC is out of the market until they bring the good games here like F-Zero and the Good looking zelda i herd the flat faced zelda is a cover up because the good one is taking longer than they thought...but right now xbox can not be beat especially when febuary rolls around!!!

Exclamation

Just had to come into this thread....

My God, people, are we talking about NCL failing, or GameCube? It's just a console. And judging from recent famitsu sales in Japan, GameCube is doing fine, not to mention exceeding it's own hardware sales expectations in November.

Nintendo is the world leader of software sales, as they were of 99, 2000, and last year into this year. That's how they make their profit- games. And going by Luigi's Mansion alone (which is said to be a "disappointment"), they are by no means going out of business anytime this deccade (not to mention recent Smash Bros DX sales)...

Even if GameCube sold poorly during launch, Nintendo knows how to save it, just as they've done before- release more blockbuster titles. It's a known fact that Nintendo is the only 1st-party developer with million-seller track record for almost every release they've made (nope, not even Sega did it in Genesis days).

Add to this the GBA, and the present/future GCN lineup, and the former query at the start of this thread starts to seem laughable. Nintendo, unlike several other game companies, could literally survive 3 or more years WITHOUT releasing a single game from now on. There are 12 different factions within Nintendo, and over 20+ countries, and thousands of developers and staff. NCL knows what it is doing; it would take an utter failure from it development houses in 2009 to even turn Nintendo in a negative direction saleswise.

Think about it; did Virtual Boy stop Nintendo?

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

Nintendo is not going anywhere. I don't believe they are officially third yet either. In the month of December Nintedo had 5 games in the top 20 for the month sales wise.......2 for Gamecube, 2 for GBA, and 1 for GBC. Meanwhile Xbox had only 1 entry with HALO in 8th spot.

http://www.consolewire.com/news/item.asp?nid=2366

I just wish Nintendo would make a handheld with a decent screen. An organic LCD would be nice.

Thread Information