Poll: Would you use an Xbox controller that hurt you?

Thread: Would you like pain in video games?

Default Would you like pain in video games?

I just read about this thing on Slashdot.org

"If you enjoy gaming and pain, this is for you. Two German designers have developed the Painstation, which is basically a revamped Pong. Except for one major difference - The PEU(Pain Execution Unit), which delivers a dose of pain to your left hand in the form of heat, punches or electroshock, when you mess up."

http://www.painstation.de/

Now, how many of you would like this sort of technology for an Xbox controller? I think it would be great! Especially for multiplayer games... I'm sure nothing like this would ever be introduced by a major company since there would be lawsuits aplenty... but ehhh... I can dream.
    UltraMuffin - Nature's Cruelest Mistake
    Hidden Content

BRING ON THE PAIN!!!
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

This isn't a good idea. We've got enough to worry about with repetitive stress injuries without adding electrical shocks to the mix.

Yeah pain isn't a good idea. I died like 5 times on max payne last night trying to beat this one part. I would have probably been dead by the time I beat the chapter!

Pain is good, unless it hurts on the inside...*sniff*

What is wrong with some people?
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

It'd be a lawyers dream come true if they released it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyone for it is a Sadist.

This is just scary:
    "I think this really explains the appeal of something like the Painstation," said its co-inventor Tilman Reiff. "When you're playing in public against a friend with people cheering you on, it's very hard to throw in the towel without putting up a good fight. I've seen people leave the table with blood on their hands and their skin completely raw because they didn't want to back down in front of an audience."
    Oh sounds like so much fun.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Sure... maybe they could invent the 0rgasmstation.. now that would get some sellers.... bring back the Leisure Suit Larry series... hehehe... and don't pretend you don't know what I be talkin bout
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Funny you should ask I just read a couple days ago about a controller that will be able to shock you. It works somewhat like the rumble feature. I did not read it on the net but I have the mag at home. I'll have to get the rest of the info later to back up my words.
    Games I own so far:
    PGR--SSX Tricky
    DOA3--HALO
    Obi Won--Silent Hill2
    Max Payne--NFL Fever
    THPS2x--Dave Mirra2
    Genma Onimusha--Wreckless
    Raw-JSRF-Blood Omen 2

Originally posted by Dre
    Sure... maybe they could invent the 0rgasmstation.. now that would get some sellers.... bring back the Leisure Suit Larry series... hehehe... and don't pretend you don't know what I be talkin bout
    I would never leave the house.

I thought the OrgasmStation was called your hand
    My mistake!
    UltraMuffin - Nature's Cruelest Mistake
    Hidden Content

xbAWOL

to continue on what True_Gamer said, they are developing a controller that has shock feedback. It is being developed by Mad Catz. Wheteher it will come out, that will be a differnet story. If you have the april oxm, go to page 92 where the letters are and read about it in the box that says SHOCKING!

reminds me of one of those old james bond's with seam connery... I can't remember the one but him and a bad guy play a game, and they have to hold on to the joystick nomatter what pain the get, and if they let go they lose.. but there is a game going on the whole time. I wouldn't buy that pain thing. How would that be used on NBA 2k2... at least 50 pts a game... divided by 2... you'd at least get shocked about 25 times... OW! Or Fuzion Frenzy

Originally posted by Dre
    Hell yeah. Thats what they need for an Xbox game. What was better than trying to get Leisure Suit Larry laid. I remember in the first one you start off buy doing a hooker and if you didn't go buy a condom first, you died from aids.

Originally posted by MixMasta
    to continue on what True_Gamer said, they are developing a controller that has shock feedback. It is being developed by Mad Catz. Wheteher it will come out, that will be a differnet story. If you have the april oxm, go to page 92 where the letters are and read about it in the box that says SHOCKING!
    Thanks Yo I forgot to look for the info. I'm glad someone else read that. Good looking out..
    Games I own so far:
    PGR--SSX Tricky
    DOA3--HALO
    Obi Won--Silent Hill2
    Max Payne--NFL Fever
    THPS2x--Dave Mirra2
    Genma Onimusha--Wreckless
    Raw-JSRF-Blood Omen 2

Thread Information