Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's gonna buy GTA 3 when it comes out?

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

Default GTAIII has been confirmed by Rockstar

According to <A href="http://www.xboxaddict.com/archives.php?News_ID=1775">this</A> article, a representative from Rockstar has confirmed that GTAIII will be released for the Xbox.

Enough said.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

If it is going to be like the PC version that is coming then it is definately not a PS2 port. The PC version is getting the option for multiplayer with up to 16 people. Updated graphics and textures as well. Something I see the Xbox can handle without any problems.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    If it is going to be like the PC version that is coming then it is definately not a PS2 port. The PC version is getting the option for multiplayer with up to 16 people. Updated graphics and textures as well. Something I see the Xbox can handle without any problems.
    Now, that's music to my ears!! Multi-player!!!

they should make a clockwork orange game, that would be off the hizzy! and a full metal jacket game.

Question

well ive heard this game is and isnt coming out.... Ive waited long enuff and ive heard that we are going to hear something about this game at the end of march...... if we dont... screw it!!!! i dont think it will come out if we dont hear anything about it by march....too many people are holding there breath for this game and it may not come out... but for now im waiting for a late march/early april announce ment.... If it doesnt happen .. im pretty sure its not gonna come out.... However if it does comeout with no announce ment i will stand happily corrected!!!!!!!!

Calve, stop holding your breath. It has already been confirmed. Heck read this thread and the links provided along with *gasp* the front page to Xboxaddict.com

Take a look at the Take Two quarter earnings. They mention their lineup for this year including GTA3 for Xbox. There confirmed. End of story. Now it all comes down to what is actually in the game. Miami? Multiplayer? etc.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by JJaX

Sometimes you have to settle for ports, Good game on one system, still a good game when ported.
    That's just it. I don't HAVE to settle for anything. I demand the best for my gaming dollar. If it's a port, then by its nature it will not utilize the power of the XBOX.

Besides, between Project Ego and ES3 I doubt I'll have time for less capable games like GTA3.

The Frew-its of the Devil

Wink

Tell you what, even though I own it on PS2, and have played it roughly about 85 or so hours by now, I WILL STILL BUY IT ON XBOX. Its that dope!!!!!!!!!
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Jimmie I do not blame you either. If Xbox's GTA3 looks anywhere near as bad as PS2's version does, it would be a crime. I am not sure if Xbox has a single game out that has graphics that bad available right now? Xbox is just way to much of a machine to have graphics that look like that. I would buy it if it did look junky like the PS2 game, but really there is no reason for Xbox's version not to look a hell of a lot better, and play a lot smoother as well.

Default To: Batman2372

I'm pretty sure Unreal Championship will have a mature rating...just as GTA3 does on the PS2, and probably will on the Xbox. Unreal Championship can be pretty gory you know. Blowing someone up with a rocket is much different than in blowing someone up in Halo. In Unreal Championship, an explosion will cause body pieces to fly, an explosion will also cause a lot of blood and gore to be spread out all over the place as well:-). How is this not a problem to you, but when killing someone in GTA3 with little blood compared to Unreal Championship...is?

This game sounds extremelly disturbing and morally corrupt. Having intercourse with a lady of the night and then murdering her? Perching the top of a building and sniping innocent pedestrians? Running rampage through the streets killing everyone in sight? What has society come to?

where's my preorder damm!t!

I'm going to be running some people over with my car on my way to the store to buy this game when it comes out!

Default To anOnymOus:

In response to you I'll give you this response. This:

Originally posted by Dave the rookie
    Having intercourse with a lady of the night and then murdering her? Perching the top of a building and sniping innocent pedestrians?
    is a far cry from a game where everyone you shoot is trying to shoot you, too. UC is nothing more than graphically enhanced paintball, in my opinion.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

Originally posted by an0nym0u5
    In Unreal Championship, an explosion will cause body pieces to fly, an explosion will also cause a lot of blood and gore to be spread out all over the place as well:-). How is this not a problem to you, but when killing someone in GTA3 with little blood compared to Unreal Championship...is?
    Unreal championship = futuristic fiction world

GTA3 = Non-fiction crimes and realistic settings

Thats the difference.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

That's just it. I don't HAVE to settle for anything. I demand the best for my gaming dollar. If it's a port, then by its nature it will not utilize the power of the XBOX.

Besides, between Project Ego and ES3 I doubt I'll have time for less capable games like GTA3.
    Im tired of arguing with you about GTA3 Hugh_Jass! I keep trying to get you to understand that you shouldnt miss it. But you have this arrogant attitude that really pi55es me off. Missing this amazing game because it doesnt utilize the "POWA" of the xbox is just idiotic. Thats like not bangin a hot chick cause she gives bad head! *pats self in back for great analogy

Ya know what, Dont buy this game, You really dont deserve it. I hope you never play it and miss out on all its gaming bliss. Have fun playing all your exclusives, dont ever buy ports no matter how good this game is. Remain a Fanboy for the rest of your life. Stay ignorant!

Do you only eat mcdonalds if its super sized???? Do you only drive a car if it has leather? Do you only use right guard because anything else in uncivlized?

And if you do buy this game and enjoy it (which you wont because your mind is set on disliking it no matter what)
    im gonna pi55 in your face for being such a tool. I know your a smart guy but stop being so ignorant!!!!!
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-21-2002 at 10:21 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Default Definite buy

This game kicks butt on PS2, even if they don't improve on it, it will still be "The game" to own on Xbox besides Halo.

Originally posted by JJaX

im gonna pi55 in your face for being such a tool. I know your a smart guy but stop being so ignorant!!!!!
    I find it hard to believe you are 22. Please try to show some maturity.

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

I find it hard to believe you are 22. Please try to show some maturity.
    Why not address my points instead of my one immature comment????

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I'm sure some of yall will call me prude and/or a wuss, but I'm not getting it based on content. For me, there's too much that goes over the line of what I find acceptable behavior. And for the argument "well, it's not like you're really doing it, it's just a game", why would I even want to pretend?
    Thats cool that you are like that, I don't think you are a wuss, in fact I think you are a stong individual that stands up for his morals! I personally don't have a problem with the game content but that is my opinion, if I had children I wouldn't own the game or let them play it. That is what makes America a great nation, the freedom of choice!

Default it's the only way to do it

Thanks bryanhls.

In my opinion going with the crowd in any situation without questioning why makes you no better than a sheep. If after you question, and you still decide to follow the crowd, that's fine. But not to question.... stupid.

I just chose not to follow the crowd on this one.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

Thread Information